SD card reader for iPhone

bigsky2

I typically check my trail camera pictures on an old point and shoot that I take with me. I got some newer trail cameras this year and will be using newer SD cards that the point and shoot can't read. Does anyone use a SD card reader for their smart phone? It seems like a lot of them I have looked at make you import all the pictures to your phone. Are there any that will let you view the pictures without importing them?

I have one and it is like you said; you have to import to view them. I think it has more to do with the OS of phones rather than the readers themselves.

Thanks for the suggestions! Do you need an app to view them? Carnage - since the Stealth Cam one doesn't have a cord, do you have to remove the case from your phone to use it?

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions! Do you need an app to view them? Carnage - since the Stealth Cam one doesn't have a cord, do you have to remove the case from your phone to use it?

Yes you do have to remove the case to plug in the card reader.

Not sure what brand mine is for my Droid but I got it at walmart for $10. I do not have to import the pictures I just open the files on my phone screen shot the ones I want and delete the rest. And I do not need an app or anything. I use to bring my laptop with but this is the size of a thumb drive way easier.

Be careful if shopping Amazon. There are a lot of cheap Chinese-made electronics that are pumped up with fake reviews but don’t work. I ordered one last fall for this same reason; it did not work with iOS 11 on any of my family’s iPhones or our iPad. Returned it and left a bad review. Buy an actual Apple product or find something at a local store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back