Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wsm xpr

35whelen

I was at my local gun shop and i seen that they had XPR Highland in 325 WSM. They have a $75 dollar rebate on them which makes the gun like $375.

I know very little on the XPR rifle are they a good "budget rifle".

I know that 8mm isn't the best choice for many I have read a lot of mixed reviews on the cartridge. What is shooters take on the 325 WSM.

I have a 325 wsm in a model 70 extreme weather and I like the rifle but the 325 wsm isn't going to do anything that a 300 wsm cant do. I picked it up because it was a good deal and I like owning something different. If you reload it can be hard finding good bullets for it, I couldn't get the 200 gr Accubonds because they are a seasonal run when I was working up a load for mine. I couldn't get the 200 grain TSX to shoot but the 200 gr Partitions worked great for me with H4350. Mine is shooting around 2800 fps with the 200 gr partitions. I used Norma 300 wsm brass and resized it to 325 since 300 brass is much easier and cheaper to find.

I think a 300 wsm would be a better choice simply because of the bullet selection and availability of factory ammo. I think the 300 wsm is going to stick around while the 325 wsm is fading. If you don't reload I would be hesitant on buying the rifle and if you do, you have a limited selection of bullets to choose from. That being said, I like my 325 wsm and I am glad I purchased one.

.270 pretty much nails it. My 300 WSM and my 325 WSM both push 200 grain bullets in the 2850 FPS range.

Advantage 300 for LR aerodynamics, advantage 325 to bullet diameter. Critters don’t seem to give a flying flip which one I shoot them with.

I like both, but for practical purposes, the 300 makes more sense due to availability and longevity.

I have a .325 wsm in a browning BLR. It's a hammer, I love it more so bc its different than anything else. 8mm offers a lot of versatility and capability. It performs a lot better with 220's than 200's. which separates it from the 300wsm IMO.

I load for a friend who has a 325 WSM. It was easy to get a load worked up for it and it is fun to shoot. Recoil is not bad at all.

I've been very impressed with the *limited* experience I have with an XPR 7mm Rem Mag. For the prices that they're selling for, I believe them to be the best budget rifle out there. I've been tempted to buy some of the ones that CDNN has been advertising.

As far as 325 versus 300 wsm, I believe the 300wsm has the staying power. I don't think it's too far fetched that we could see 325 go the way of the WSSM calibers with limited production runs.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back