MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Unit 84 thru 89 Special NR Draw. Friend moved to Alpine and wanting to hunt Pronghorn

Jack Hoyt

Long time hunter from Midwest with 2 CO Antelope hunts under belt. Good friend moved to Alpine (ID border, south of Jackson) back in August. I have 2 PP but willing to do the Special Draw if needed. Units 84,85,86,87,88,89 are closest to him, of those I know I can draw 84,86,88, others are 50% and 98 is farther and only a 33% chance.

Thoughts on those units, I have been all over the WY hunting site and talked to them on the phone. Just trying to narrow it down based on best access and caliber of bucks. Willing to camp or stay in the unit, not going back to Alpine every night.

THANK YOU!!

Those are some pretty different hunts depending on what you're after. My neck of the woods, I'll send you a pm.

SnowyMountaineer,

THANK YOU, that is my problem. Not familiar with the terrain and my friend has not been explored everywhere. Fit and willing to walk long ways from the roads, practiced and long range, prefer a area with lots of public land, enough roads where you can get to good starting points for the the hunt and not terribly nasty terrain. Willing to do whatever to get best chance at nice buck. Thanks

i'm in the same boat as you with 2 points and wanting to hunt goats in WY. been looking at those units you have as well as 81 and 82. and further east. would love a hunt that has decent bucks and can get some doe tags to fill the freezer.

Are you planning on hunting deer or antelope up there? From the units I'm thinking deer, but not sure from the original post. When I lived in Jackson I used to hunt 84 and 85 quite a bit. Terrain is pretty rough, but there is the potential for some monster mule deer in Hoback Canyon. I definitely saw a few that were really nice. I shot a decent 4x4 in 85. There isn't as much wilderness in 85 so a non-resident doesn't have to worry about that. Plan on doing some fishing too!

Back