Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Vacation / Mexico Fishing

ida homer

Been a while since I've been on here. It feels like once hunting season starts at the end of August, any spare second I have I'm hunting. If there's any free time beyond that, I'm playing catch up at work until about the end of January it seems. Unfortunately there isn't a lot of time for hunt talk until about now.

After hunting season we were able to sneak down to Mazatlan, Mexico for a week to do the resort thing and some sport fishing. I'm not much of a fisherman or much for guided trips, but the chance at Marlin and/or sailfish peeked my interest. Especially for $143 per person, which included the shuttle both ways, beer and lunch. I've only ocean fished once before, in Canada, which was so much fun. But Mexico is so much cheaper it's not even funny. Here's a few pics, we caught two sailfish, the big one was 99" and the smaller one was 91". The guide said they were "big," I don't know if he was fibbing or not.

image2.jpegimage1.jpegimage3.jpegimage4.jpegimage6.jpegimage7.jpegimage8.jpeg

The sunsets were beautiful, they never get old. Our resort kind of sucked, way too many people and it was all inclusive. The food was so-so, but for how little it costs, it's still a good deal. Converted to US dollars, I ate and drank probably $250 per day, so I can't complain about that. If you've never done Mexico and enjoy some unregulated adventure, I'd highly recommend it FOR THE VALUE. It is NOT Hawaii by any means, it's just different and you can't compare the two. But everyone should do it once.

Attachments

• image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    34.1 KB · Views: 154
PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back