What is your dream firearm?

Authentic Colt 1911 that was issued during WWII. Just need to convince the wife I need it.

I think it would be a Dick Bortmuss rifle and for a shotgun, don't really know but it would probably be a SxS.

I think it would be a Dick Bortmuss rifle and for a shotgun, don't really know but it would probably be a SxS.

Ok. Shotgun would be a Purdy 28ga side lock with 26" barrels, double triggers and imp cyl/mod choke's, no choke tubes please! Well that ain't ever gonna happen!

Last edited:
Authentic Colt 1911 that was issued during WWII. Just need to convince the wife I need it.

You can now get military surplus 1911's. I forgot the website, but they are available, but they don't guarantee the condition of the one you get. I want to get one in the worst way. The one I was issued in Field Med school was still in it's original crate in cosmoline packed in straw dated from the Korean War. I was so pissed when they took my 1911 and issued me the piece of shit Beretta 9mm.

A rigby and co. 275 rigby, but I'm having my own built at the moment for 1/10th the cost of a real rigby.

Maybe a double 9m3x74r in a heym, H&H or any of those. Im never going to have the money nor could i justify $20k on a rifle though.

My old Reminton 700 ADL in 30-06... It shot lights out was as ugly as a fencepost because of all of the hunts I had used it on.. worn blueing from being in my hand for so many hours.. I sold it to a friend when I had my brain cancer for cash to keep food in the house..

Kind of felt like betraying an old friend.. I went to my friend after my cancer had turned around and he had long sold it and it was gone.. Always wish I had it back...

You can now get military surplus 1911's. I forgot the website, but they are available, but they don't guarantee the condition of the one you get. I want to get one in the worst way. The one I was issued in Field Med school was still in it's original crate in cosmoline packed in straw dated from the Korean War. I was so pissed when they took my 1911 and issued me the piece of shit Beretta 9mm.

Are you thinking of www.classicfirearms.com?

Since it is a dream gun - here it is:

I would start with some kind of 338 wildcat that will shoot a 300 gr Berger at 2750 fps out of a 16.5 inch barrel. It would have a 3.5” suppressor that reduced the recoil to that of a 223 and the report to that of a 22 lr. The scope would be 2.5-25x (since the rifle is brush gun length, I would need to be ready for those close shots). The whole package would weigh a hair under 6.5 pounds but it would hold as steady as a 15 pound PRS rifle.

Anyone know a smith capable of building this rifle?

Barrett Fieldcraft 7mm08 with 21 inch barrel and Trap door magazine. They dont make and probably never will make a trap door mag but we are dreaming here right?
For right now I have pretty close to perfect for me in a Rem m700 xcrii 270win in a mcmillian edge classic stock with a timney trigger , VX3 3.5-10x40 scope.
I would find the same setup in 7mm08 with a 22 inch barrel to be about a dream rifle as well.

Ok Pat...give us the details and don't be stingy!

GA Precision built 6.5 SAUM
Templar Hunter Action(Defiance)
#3 Bartlein, 1-8.7" 5R@24"
Manners SL stock
APA DBM bottom metal
Jewell trigger
Vias Brake, 10X42 S&B PMII
Talley LW low rings

First barrel went 3200+ rounds, this one has 1100 through it now. It's not super light, tipping the scale at 8.5lbs.
Shooting 135 JLK's at 3150fps..

New Moose Rifle!

For my birthday and in celebration for drawing a Colorado bull moose tag, I bought my latest dream firearm, a Kimber Adirondack in 7mm-08. It wears the Zeiss Conquest HD5 3-15x42 scope, and a SilencerCo Omega 300 suppressor. It's fun!

With the suppressor it is 44 3/4 inches, an inch shorter than my trusty Winchester 54. It could be shortened an inch and a half by removing the Omega anchor brake and using a direct thread mount, but I'll leave it as is so I can quickly move the can to other rifles. The Winchester is 86 years old and has been my elk rifle for 30 years. I figured it was time to modernize.

Kimber Adirondack 7mm-08 8-3-18.jpg

Kimber Adirondack sight in.jpg

Moose-Eye.jpg

I would love to do a custom build, either by myself or through someone like Gunwerks. Probably chamber it in a classic like 300 win mag, or maybe something big like 338 lapua. Top it off with a Nightforce ATACR.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back