What is your dream firearm?

Mthuntinfool

So as a change from the "which caliber/brand is better" theme, What is everyone's dream gun?
I am talking about money no object, favorite that you have always lusted for????

Mine would have to be a 1 in 1000 Winchester 1873...

I had it built a few years after my father died. It is..................drum roll!

Winchester Model 70 Classic Sporter I had a custom Shilen match grade barrel in 280 Ackley Improved built. The wood stock has been pillar and glass bedded, and the action was trued and blue printed. The trigger was adjusted to 2 1/2 pounds. It has a 4.5-14x40mm Leupold with the B&C reticle on it. That was my dream rifle and I love it.

I do have that one but I would also like to have something similar on a Winchester controlled round feed action or a Montana Rifle Company X2 built in 6mm Remington. I know hard to believe considering my tag name!

I actually have 3 dream rifles. I also have a Ruger 1B in 6mm Remington and one in 30-06. I love those Ruger single-shots. Great shooting, classic looking, and awesome to hunt with!

My dream rifle would be a a left handed.300 Weatherby Mag Mark V Accumark. With Leupold VX-5 scope. I got finish school before I buy my dream rifle.

My dream rifle would be a a left handed.300 Weatherby Mag Mark V Accumark. With Leupold VX-5 scope. I got finish school before I buy my dream rifle.

Smart man. Stay after it.

Good luck,
Ted

McWhorter custom rifle in .300WSM. But given budget realities, it will end up being a Tikka T3X stainless Lite .300WSM in a McMillan stock. (In fact I could have 5 of those for the price of one McWhorter.)

Sako Carbonlight in .308. don't think their is a nicer action or cooler stock out there.

sako-85-carbonlight.jpg

Good taste young man, stay after it.

I used to pine for the Dakota, Blaser, NULA types...hell, I fell in love with a new 'dream' rifle at every SCI show. I'm over it....and I stopped going to SCI.

It would look very similar to a Bergara Woodsman, but with nicer wood/checkering. It would be chambered for 7mm-08, weigh just over six pounds unscoped and have a tang safety that could be operated with no audible click. And of course, it would shoot half inch groups with anything you fed it!:cool:

b-14-woodsman-long-range-hunting-rifle.jpg

Last edited:
Dream guns are always an interesting topic. They say more about the person that most things you can ask them directly I think.

I am currently searching for the dream shotgun. But slowly, and not too hard. I like to enjoy the hunt for the gun as well as the hunt WITH the gun. Besides, I'm short of cash and buying time to save a bit more, but the perfect gun would be a double barrel (side by, of course). Probably English, maybe American. Definitely pistol grip or Prince of Wales grip. 28" or 30" barrels. Not more than 6.5 lbs. Nicely engraved, choked a fair bit, with a decent piece of checkered walnut. It would probably be a 12 gauge, and it might be damascus. Triple bite, underlever or over lever matters not -no side levers please. No hammers on this one either. Probably made in the late 1800s but definitely made pre Great War. It is out there somewhere, and I'll find it eventually.

Rifles are another proposition. Short of an original 77 Sharps with a pristine bore in .45 anything, which would cost about what my house costs, I don't think I really want anything I do not already have. Maybe a preWar 1895 Marlin in .45-70. Specifically this one - which I almost bought but couldn't quite pull the trigger. Maybe someone here knows of this rifle's whereabouts now.
Sabertooth%20Marlin%20C.jpg

Sabertooth%20Marlin%20A.jpg

For a muzzleloader, this particular original Hawken. There may be only one other like it known to exist. I have no idea what it costs but certainly more than a fully tricked out F150, maybe more than two or three.
Pistol%20grip%20Hawken.jpg

Pistol%20Grip%20Hawken%20B.jpg

Obviously, my boat floats a different part of the drift than most here. That's good. When I find what I want, I won't be competing with you :)

So as a change from the "which caliber/brand is better" theme, What is everyone's dream gun?
I am talking about money no object, favorite that you have always lusted for????

Mine would have to be a 1 in 1000 Winchester 1873...

My choice as well after reading the thread title.

Decisions ....... new house or 1873?????

My dream gun would be a twin to my sons Proof Reasearch 300 win mag with a leupold vx6 hd scope, in right hand! IMG_1694.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back