Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Idaho hunt

firedog21

im going to take my 15 yr old son to Idaho this season and im looking at south west Idaho. i see that there is some raptor preserve area that is very large that interests me. can anyone give me any info on that area please.

If you are talking about that area immediately south of Boise in unit 38, try somewhere else. that area is about the last place I'd go in Idaho for a deer. There may be some there but few and far between. Large areas of that place have been burned over and taken over by cheatgrass. Look into what the national forests have to offer.

Are you talking about the Snake River Birds of Prey Area? I think the canyon near the river is closed to shooting, which is the only place I have seen deer in that area. Plus, anywhere within 1.5 hours of Boise will be a zoo during the general season.

Unit 41 has a 2 point only season, which would be a good hunt for your son. Just look for canyons or the places with elevation in that unit. South Central units would be a better bet. Target areas where the sagebrush and foothills rise out of the valley.

Back