Caribou Gear Tarp

I've found myself getting cabin fever recently...

It's 80 degrees here. I hate it. I love cold weather. My cabin fever starts in the summertime.

It's 80 degrees here. I hate it. I love cold weather. My cabin fever starts in the summertime.

I wouldn't exactly call it cabin fever up here in MT, but I get a similar thing about the end of July - 5 weeks or so can seem to drag on and on. Course I've got the Yellowstone and the Gallatin to lessen the pain a little.
I forgot to mention biting flies on the Gallatin are really bad that time of year and the river crowding on the Yellowstone is horrific. Madison's worse.......

Last edited:
My first winter in Montana has not been as bad as I envisioned it. -17 this morning reminded me that it's far from over.

I wouldn't exactly call it cabin fever up here in MT, but I get a similar thing about the end of July - 5 weeks or so can seem to drag on and on. Course I've got the Yellowstone and the Gallatin to lessen the pain a little.
I forgot to mention biting flies on the Gallatin are really bad that time of year and the river crowding on the Yellowstone is horrific. Madison's worse.......

Summertime here brings mosquitoes, snakes, and oppressive heat and humidity. So, I've got that to look forward to. Lol

I have it for real. We have been snowed in and not able to get to town since the evening of Feb 1st. Not kidding. Been shoveling snow, bulldozing snow, floundering through snow, snowshoeing about on snow, and wishing so badley I would have gotten a snowmobile for trapping season this year. We seem to have some glitches in the county road dept. and or commissioners office. I have spent about the last ten days working up a list of possible suggestions for them as to what may work better next time we get a bit of snow. Aside from that, I have been working out almost daily, cutting firewood, reloading, and trying to keep a good mind set. I have thankfully both sons and my wife to help me thru the frustration of not being able to go more than a couple miles from home for some 19 days now. Rumor has it that the county is plowing their way towards us finally, hope it's true this time.

Chose to live outta town did ya"? I'm guessing the benefits are worth it in the long run. Used to see this out the kitchen window - not so much living in the burbs.....
but the plow did leave a foot high berm at the front of the driveway which I had to snowblow away:D
DSCN0040.jpg

Last edited:
We do enjoy a special kind of privacy here, but I sure like to go to town and practice my social skills every 10 day or so.

Summertime here brings mosquitoes, snakes, and oppressive heat and humidity. So, I've got that to look forward to. Lol

As a former Mississippian, I feel your pain. I do not want to ever go visit family in the summer time.

As a former Mississippian, I feel your pain. I do not want to ever go visit family in the summer time.

Good luck with that "former Mississippian" stuff. My Lucky-Sperm-Club MT native friends (?) still remind me "you're not from here," 34 years after showing up here penniless and looking for a cool place to hunt and fish..........

Good luck with that "former Mississippian" stuff. My Lucky-Sperm-Club MT native friends (?) still remind me "you're not from here," 34 years after showing up here penniless and looking for a cool place to hunt and fish..........

Doesn't bother me one bit. I still get to live here and there's nothing they can do about it.

Seriously though, I have several friends who are native Montanans and they don't seem to mind. I found that it's a very neighborly place. I guess it helps that I'm not from California.

Doesn't bother me one bit. I still get to live here and there's nothing they can do about it.

Seriously though, I have several friends who are native Montanans and they don't seem to mind. I found that it's a very neighborly place. I guess it helps that I'm not from California.

Don't forget, we live in Ennis and Bozeman - not really technically MT:rolleyes:

I hate to rub salt in the wound, but I’m working on a construction project out east and it was almost 80 here today. We have had heavy flooding, several snows, and mud like I’ve never seen. I’d take frozen ground any day. My poor wife is dealing with winter alone this year in NW Montana. Hang in there, in another 3-4 weeks things will improve.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back