Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Antelope on the move

antlerradar

This morning going to work I popped over a hill and there was 80 head of antelope heading south on the county road right in front of me. They quickly got off the road and I took a few pictures. Not many antelope where I live and it is hard to say how far they had come from but if they are smart they will follow the road all the way to Wyoming. Sure wasn't easy for them to get around off of the road.

Attachments

• DSCN1818.jpg
    DSCN1818.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 364
Doesn't bode well for those guys - lotsa' winter to go yet and you guys out there are getting a winter. I saw that same sight about 20 years ago just east of Ashland, only there were about 200 head - impressive. It's tough to see those critters roughing it through a crappy winter/spring. Mom Nature can be a cruel bitch. That aside, good pic.

Yeah... Mother Nature is life giving and certainly life taking. The natural scheme of... It is What It Is....

antlerradar...This and your earlier picture the other day got me thinking of all these creatures a little differently.

Some Years in Montana either or of - Harsh Brutal Winters...Harsh Wet Cold Springs....Summer Drought...Early Fall Snows and Cold.... going back into Full Winter.

All Years in Montana - Four week or so Bow Season....Five Week Rifle Season....some Shoulder Seasons....Spring Horn Hunting at times on some occupied Winter Range.

Such deep appreciation and respect for these creatures that make it through, and those that live for multiple years.

Yeah... Mother Nature is life giving and certainly life taking. The natural scheme of... It is What It Is....

antlerradar...This and your earlier picture the other day got me thinking of all these creatures a little differently.

Some Years in Montana either or of - Harsh Brutal Winters...Harsh Wet Cold Springs....Summer Drought...Early Fall Snows and Cold.... going back into Full Winter.

All Years in Montana - Six weeks or so Bow Season....Five Week Rifle Season....Shoulder Seasons in just about every unit....Spring Horn Hunting at times on some occupied Winter Range.

Such deep appreciation and respect for these creatures that make it through, and those that live for multiple years.

Fixed it for you...

Dang. That's not good to see. Luckily it looks like the stuff south of you is faring a bit better.

I've hunted a bit on both your side of the border and on the Wyoming side, from what I remember there's not much blocking them until they get all the way to 90 is there?

Fortunately they don't need to go all the way to I 90, there is considerably less snow just twenty miles south. Traveling the county road is not a bad way to go. The cattle guards are so packed with snow that any animal can just walk right across.
Today was a miserable day for wildlife. Temperatures never got much above 10 with a strong wind and fine snow all day long.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back