Caribou Gear Tarp

Pronghorn hunting clothing question???

The others are right, don’t stress over it. Do take some warmer clothes though. This year we woke up to 13 degrees with 55mph wind gusts. The cold wasn’t as bad as not being able to keep my hat on and my bino harness strap whipping my face raw. Killing antelope at 20 yards was fun, though.

Remember heavy leather gloves and for the love of God look down before you sit.

I went on my first DIY pronghorn trip this year in utah. After the first day I drove into town and bought knee pads at an auto parts shop - well worth it. Also- I packed a neck/face gaiter that ended up being the most valuable piece of clothing I had - mostly as defense against the cold wind. I like merino stuff so I got a first lite one, but if you don't want to spend that get something that isn't cotton.

In mid October, highs are generally in the low 60s and lows in the lower 30s. Being from Texas, I packed enough for 15° just in case the weather took a turn - coveralls were nice to have at camp. I pretty much wore a baselayer and carhart pant all week and layered with baselayer and fleece on top. Usually by 10am or noon it was warm enough to take off a jacket. A lot will depend on how active you plan on being, but it's always best to have more than you need than not enough.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back