Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

8mm rem mag

choc dogs

I could possibly end up with one. Why not, other than limited bullet selection and excessive recoil?

Go for it!

I have a 325 WSM. Sure, bullet selection isn’t great, but really what more do you really need than 200 gr Partitions/Accubonds and 180 gr Barnes?

I saw a fellow dispatch a rather large and unfriendly wild boar with an 8mm mag once. It was quite impressive. I'd go for it.

That is one caliber that has always intrigued me. Except that the recoil of my 7RM is about all I can handle comfortably.

I have three of them, awesome cartridge. Just another example how poor marketing and gun writer dictating what are "good" cartridges. Rem also didn't load it properly when it was introduced. But in that erra metric cartridges weren't popular hence 6mm Rem and 6.5 Rem. 200 grain accubonds make great medicine

So my brother and I decided that his son needed to shoot the 8mm more than I do, (I already have a 338 win mag) and Thank Goodness he did, I would have put it in the safe and looked for a hunt to take it on, and left another rifle at home.. Now I don't have to buy dies n stuff. It should make an excellent sniping of pigs rifle, and I don't have to feed it. Thanks for the support guys, and hopefully my nephew enjoys it.

A good friend of my Dad's bought an 8mm mag Mod. 700 BDL in the 80s to take on some of their elk hunting trips. He killed a couple elk with it but he said it kicked the ever loving bleep out of him. Now mind you he was also and avid waterfowl hunter and would shoot a 10 ga. or a 3.5" 12 ga. shotgun all day at ducks and geese. He later bought a 375 H&H to take to Africa and said he would much rather shoot the 375 than the 8mm.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back