Hello from TX/thanks to Randy

HuntTalk Freak

Howdy,

Just another new guy here from Texas. Been hunting, managing, guiding whitetails and hogs for a while. It's been a long time dream to hunt elk and mule deer but I always thought it was super expensive or impossible for a non resident until I stumbled across Fresh Tracks on Amazon a few months ago.

Now I'm researching units in CO for a 2019 hunt and possibly 2018, and planning on building up some points in a few states. I've never hunted public land before but am moving about a hour away from a National Forrest next month and will be hunting it some this season to get a little experience and test my gear.

I've been lurking here for a month or two and have learned a lot already. I never would have known the possibilities had it not been for Randys show.

Howdy,

Just another new guy here from Texas. Been hunting, managing, guiding whitetails and hogs for a while. It's been a long time dream to hunt elk and mule deer but I always thought it was super expensive or impossible for a non resident until I stumbled across Fresh Tracks on Amazon a few months ago.

Now I'm researching units in CO for a 2019 hunt and possibly 2018, and planning on building up some points in a few states. I've never hunted public land before but am moving about a hour away from a National Forrest next month and will be hunting it some this season to get a little experience and test my gear.

I've been lurking here for a month or two and have learned a lot already. I never would have known the possibilities had it not been for Randys show.

Welcome! I'm also a Texan (Temple area) and in a similar stage when it comes to backcountry hunting. I'll actually be heading down to Sam Houston National Forest in a couple of months for a weekend of camping and scouting with the family, hopefully finding good locations for some archery hunting this fall. Where are you from/moving to?

Howdy from the Austin area! I've only got one muley hunt (successful) under my belt, but let me know if I can help with anything.

Welcome! I'm also a Texan (Temple area) and in a similar stage when it comes to backcountry hunting. I'll actually be heading down to Sam Houston National Forest in a couple of months for a weekend of camping and scouting with the family, hopefully finding good locations for some archery hunting this fall. Where are you from/moving to?
Thanks for the welcome everyone.
I'm from DFW moving to east TX. I'll be closest to Crockett but Houston isn't too much farther.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back