WY unit 65 or 75

sheep34

I'm getting ready for the antelope draw and I want your guys thoughts about a couple of units, 65 and 75. I have enough points that my father and I are a 100% draw for the reg NR draw. I have done research and narrowed it down to these 2 units. I have spoke to 3 different WY biologist and they were very helpful and honest. I'm looking for a unit in the upper end of quality, but that is not my main concern. I was told 75 is a little industrial , were as 65 is not. That has me leaning to 65. Looking at maps 75 appears to have more blm, but I was told both units have no problem with access.

I'm just looking for any opinion on either unit; trophy quality, access, camping and just overall hunting experience.

I have no idea what you mean about 75 being "industrial", but I would draw 75 before 65 any day. There are plenty of places to camp in 75 and that's the best way to hunt it IMHO, rather than moteling it.

I don't mean industrial like Pittsburg, but a few stacks here and there and other items related to the energy business.

You'll be able to find what you're looking for in either unit. I'd probably pick 65 because I like the area around Lander a bit more plus there are fewer tags available in 65.

Was around 75 last year looking around in Oct, didn't see anything that you couldn't see in any other unit. I know it holds some good ones though. Me I would go with 65 because of the low tag numbers there will be less competition. 75 Gets hit pretty hard, its not what it used to be.

Back