Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

WY unit 65 or 75

sheep34

I'm getting ready for the antelope draw and I want your guys thoughts about a couple of units, 65 and 75. I have enough points that my father and I are a 100% draw for the reg NR draw. I have done research and narrowed it down to these 2 units. I have spoke to 3 different WY biologist and they were very helpful and honest. I'm looking for a unit in the upper end of quality, but that is not my main concern. I was told 75 is a little industrial , were as 65 is not. That has me leaning to 65. Looking at maps 75 appears to have more blm, but I was told both units have no problem with access.

I'm just looking for any opinion on either unit; trophy quality, access, camping and just overall hunting experience.

I have no idea what you mean about 75 being "industrial", but I would draw 75 before 65 any day. There are plenty of places to camp in 75 and that's the best way to hunt it IMHO, rather than moteling it.

I don't mean industrial like Pittsburg, but a few stacks here and there and other items related to the energy business.

You'll be able to find what you're looking for in either unit. I'd probably pick 65 because I like the area around Lander a bit more plus there are fewer tags available in 65.

Was around 75 last year looking around in Oct, didn't see anything that you couldn't see in any other unit. I know it holds some good ones though. Me I would go with 65 because of the low tag numbers there will be less competition. 75 Gets hit pretty hard, its not what it used to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back