Yeti GOBOX Collection

UTV Snowblower?

Sytes

Looking at snowblower attachment's for our Yamaha Viking. I have welded and re-welded to compensate for the abuse I've put upon my plow... It's bent again and I'm now considering a blower though $5k + is a snotload of dineros!

Anyone use? Advice? Thanks

It's a Yamaha/Warn plow setup. https://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/o...87a86617f8b775cb/viking-snow-plow-kit-by-warn

*Bent the angled mounting bracket. Heated to straighten then reinforced with 1/4 flat.
*Bent the weak part of the same bracket... My fault for not extending the reinforced area to cover the entire length.
*Warn winch gears stripped. (Nice grinding noise)
*Researched best winches to replace. Options get another Warn 3500 or... Superwinch 4500. The later was a tad cheaper and held better reviews than the Warn.
*Install... Hey! The Superwinch requires an angle mounting bracket... Joy. Purchased angled mount.
*Install angled mount but --- there's more! The plow mount bracket interferes with the angle mount.
*Modify the plow mount bracket to fit. Cutting wheels and questioning the integrity of the plow mount though figure *should work.
*Plow snow and one side of plow mount flexed inward, bent the plow's contact point to the mount along with the mount.
*Heat plow contact to straighten.
*Rebuild entire plow mount. Cut off mounting brackets and welded to 3/8 angle 2x2. Hell of a lot more meat than the cruddy 3/16 original metal mount bracket. Welded mounting bracket directly to UTV frame.
*Back to plowing... The new plow mount is a beast. Unfortunately, the point I heated to straighten the plow's contact point bent and didn't realize it had. Least this is what I believe happened. With that point slightly bent, it weakend the other contact point.
*Now... The plow body is angled off center approx 4" to the right.

To fix this... And the method used to slide the contact points into the slots for the pins to lock the plow to the mount, I don't see a means to reinforce both points. Basically, I'll need to fabricate a new bracket setup to remove the points where the impact occurs. However to not interfere with the plow's pivoting point on the contact lock pins, the new fabracted bracket can not interfere with that pivot design...

And here I am. An interest in a slow powered snowblower setup that shoots the snow off a distance and no longer driving within walls of snow along the driveway that the plow basically shrinks each time. I began as wide as drive to account for this though we have a lot of annual snow and the plow setup is just a bit overwhelmed for the job.

Pics to follow in next post

Last edited:
Bump.
Anyone have a mounted snowblower? Or salespeople involved with such have advice? Thanks.

a snowblower is going to be really heavy on the front of that utv and will require a power source mounted somewhere else. If the plow is tearing up your tub a snowblower won't be much better. My advice is to find me a tractor and get a blade and maybe a blower for that. My dad and I have a JD 750 with a 21hp yanmar diesel that we paid less than 5k for. they make front mount blowers for them I have seen used for around 2500. We have lots of 3 point attachments for it as well as a 60" finish belly mower. I would go this route way before a utv mounted snowblower. Sorry, not the reply you were looking for....

Neighbor has a Kubota tractor with a blower attachment that works well. Don't know the cost but it works great.

Ya, agree... A tractor would be more practical and we have discussed such though found for a reasonable ranch-ette property type tractor it's base, 14k. We've had a Viking UTV that has been great for all around horse, etc chores. Think the snow load here is a bit over the limit for the plow process or simply my excuse for the abuse I put it through.
This was the snow dump since yesterday. Day we had approx 6-8" overnight about 8" additional.
IMG_20180218_111409.jpg

Also, thankfully the snowblower attachmentin the 5-7k range have wheels that roll along and hold the weight well.

Example:
[video=youtube_share;r08EL_9UKrE]https://youtu.be/r08EL_9UKrE[/video]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back