Born again in MI

Whyztler

Hey everyone,

I was brought in a hunting family, but fell away from it after high school. I now have two young boys that I'd like to share my enjoyment of the outdoors with, and have recently discovered what that itch was that has grown ever increasingly annoying. I've decided to start hunting again. I've always had a draw to the mountains, but it never really came to me as to what it was until my sister moved to Colorado, and I experienced the Rockies for the first time. And as of late my wife and I have been watching Life Below Zero and it really became apparent what I was enjoying of the show. it wasn't the people.

Welcome! I just recently joined the forum myself, with a similar background. Hunted semi-regularly when I was younger (only doves, coyotes, occasional varmint), got busy working after high school and fell out of it. Was talked into dove hunting again this past season and fell head first in love with the outdoors. I decided to finally quit making excuses for why I wasn't deer hunting, and just plunged into it. Had a blast all season and got some food for the family. Now my sights are set on improving my own whitetail hunting in Texas this year while also hitting some other places like Alaska and the west.

All that to say, while there are definitely a lot of experienced hunters around here to learn from, there are also other guys like you and me that are learning or relearning and trying to get into the swing of things. We're not afraid to share our stumbles and failures or ask the "stupid" questions if it helps us (and others) improve! Welcome aboard.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back