Yeti GOBOX Collection

260 rem VS 6.5 creed

I think Snowy should tell us if there isn’t a caliber of rifle that he hasn’t had before. Rifles to him are like girlfriends to Hugh Hefner(RIP). Seriously, talk about a gear snob. :)

More interesting conversation. It’s more like .260=6.5 creed than .260vs6.5 creed.

Either way MT Muley is secretly in his garage right now loading up 6.5 creed loads for his new Tikka T3X. : )

I can tell you I've only had one rifle that burned more than about 45 grains of powder and I sold it almost 10 years ago. I don't like recoil and ain't afraid to say it. :)

I just finished reloading for my 260 tonight, I love my 260s. However, to the OP, I'd still recommend the Creedmoor. Whatever you do, get one of these two great calibers and then go shoot the barrel out of it.
20180216_212245_resized.jpg

If you reload why go with the Creedmore? The 6.5 x 47 wins more matches but certainly lacks the sexy name (and man bun).

Of the three, it used to be the only one you could get Lapua brass for without necking down. Very 6.5C esque, small rifle primer, attractive dimensions.

I think Snowy should tell us if there isn’t a caliber of rifle that he hasn’t had before. Rifles to him are like girlfriends to Hugh Hefner(RIP). Seriously, talk about a gear snob. :)

More interesting conversation. It’s more like .260=6.5 creed than .260vs6.5 creed.

Either way MT Muley is secretly in his garage right now loading up 6.5 creed loads for his new Tikka T3X. : )
Taking that peashooter on your elk hunt? mtmuley

My point is when it comes down to measured accuracy (ie matches), the 6.5 x 47 has a proven track record that’s a winner. Is it the wizard or the wand? Either way, the 6.5 x 47 will kill any critter the .260 or Creedmor will. Why not shoot the proven most accurate round?

This conversation without touching on the subject of twist and bullets is incomplete at best.

I agree. Without context this a vague and nebulous issue.

How do you plan to hunt?
What features do you want on the rifle?
What chamberings does said rifle come in?
Do you reload?
How far are you shooting and on what types of critters?

If a used rifle presented a good deal and fit within my answers to the above questions, I wouldn’t spend a lot of times splitting hairs over whether it’s “the best”.

Measured accuracy only matters within proper context. A 0.5 MOA difference is significant to some, it if I’m shooting deer at 300 yards, and I maybe don’t want to hand load, WTF cares?

Last edited by a moderator:
My point is when it comes down to measured accuracy (ie matches), the 6.5 x 47 has a proven track record that’s a winner. Is it the wizard or the wand? Either way, the 6.5 x 47 will kill any critter the .260 or Creedmor will. Why not shoot the proven most accurate round?

once again, not addressing bullets and twist..

Just got back from the range with my sons. The 6.5x47 mentioned is another great round, we were shooting the 6.5x47, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5 Creedmoor, 260 and the 6CM (Competition Match). We had measured sustained winds in excess of 40 mph and gusts to who knows, fun & very challenging day. For the OP, another 6.5 to consider for a hunting rifle is the 6.5 PRC. The standard 1 in 8 twist of my 260 works well with 120 Ballistic Tips and 140 ELD Match bullets. The popular calibers that I see now at PRS type matches are 6mm variants. I used my 270 WSM at the first match my son talked me into shooting with him, great hunting cartridge, not the best suited match caliber.

Some of the day's wind damage.
20180217_152945-01.jpg
20180217_153124-01.jpeg

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back