PEAX Equipment

Headlamp Suggestion

bigsky2

I am looking to get a new headlamp, with battery life being more important to me than brightness. Ideally it would have good battery life and be decently bright. I want one that has the "safety feature" so it doesn't turn on in my pack without me knowing. Any suggestions?

Black Diamond Icon. It does not have a safety button but I have never had a problem.

Just bought a Black Diamond Spot, it has lockout mode (no accidental on) and supposedly very good battery life according to reviews but I have yet to put it through a hunt.

I like princetec remix. 3 aaa batteries has couple brightness levels and red LEDs(wouldnt buy one without red or green). I put expensive batteries in it and lasts a solid year, i use it probably 50+ days during that time, change them every season when start scouting.

I have a pretz, and black diamond and also Fenix....all work fine for what I use them for.

I've bought a couple Zebralights. I like them a lot. A quarter of a turn of the battery cap keeps it from coming on in my pack.

Black Diamond Spot - great reviews, worked great with evening snowshoeing, definitely going hunting in the fall.

For short walks and around the house stuff I like those energizer headlamps from Home Depot. I have a Black Diamond Storm I take on serious trips or long walks. Just have to watch a YouTube video on how to operate it.

you can always just flip the batteries around so the headlamp won't switch on in your pack if you don't have a safety feature. . .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back