Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Winter Weather

OhHeyThereBen

How's the weather been out there for you people in antelope country? Expect a bunch of the critters to be making it through the winter?

So far pretty good but dry. We need some more snow pack for the spring green up.
Temps haven't been too bitter yet either for any prolonged times.
Wet snow months are yet to come though.

Not looking good for central and eastern MT. Central MT has near record snowfall in a lot of areas. Eastern MT doesn't have quite as much snow as the central part of the state but even if the animals are able to get through the snow there's not much feed underneath since last summer was so dry. The birds are screwed unless they are being fed or are in areas where cattle are being fed. I would guess we will have a lot more winterkill than usual.

I dont think its a bad year at all, could use some snow pack and even some snow lower. Not expecting much of a kill at all sure there will be spots but nothing like last year. I think eastern MT been getting it the worse it seems.

Quite a bit of snow around Ashland to the southern part of the Custer. May be the most I have seen since the April storm in 84. Would not be surprised if the last time we had this much snow in mid Feb. was all the way back in 78. The farther south you go the better it gets. Went to Sheridan today and the south facing slopes around Decker are starting to show some bare ground.
I cleared off the snow from the parking/ turn around spot in my yard with a Bobcat. Not good when you need four wheel drive to get out of the yard. The pile of snow I made looks like what you see on a Wallmart parking lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back