School/Mass shootings what's the answer?

Around 80% of American want a universal background check for all transfers and about 85% want "scary black gun" ban. So, it is just a matter of time for those two. FWIW - I am OK with universal background check, 10 day wait, and Class III for AR-style weapons and high volume rifle cartridge pistols.

And this will stop the school shootings how? You just described the existing gun laws of multiple states that have all had school shooting since those laws have been enacted along with hundreds more that are even more restrictive.

I saw this on Facebook, most of the stuff these guys post I ignore, but since I am bad at putting my thoughts in to words, this pretty much sums up how I feel about it. Start fixing any of this and you might see a change. I am with buzz, build more pine boxes.

https://youtu.be/N3Lyhic47nQ

Last edited:
As convenient as it is to give a stranger cash in a parking lot for a gun, I’d be okay with ‘universal’ BGCs as long as they only pertained to permanent transfers IE: sales.

I’m not interested in making it a crime to let your brother borrow your gun for the day, or your friend meet you at the trailhead after work for the weekend with your weapon because you can’t bring your gun to your place of employment ( I actually do this) or when taken to the most literal extreme, to hand your hunting rifle to your partner as you cross a fence.

As convenient as it is to give a stranger cash in a parking lot for a gun, I’d be okay with ‘universal’ BGCs as long as they only pertained to permanent transfers IE: sales.

I’m not interested in making it a crime to let your brother borrow your gun for the day, or your friend meet you at the trailhead after work for the weekend with your weapon because you can’t bring your gun to your place of employment ( I actually do this) or when taken to the most literal extreme, to hand your hunting rifle to your partner as you cross a fence.

Agree 100% as every example you provided is illegal in CA

I think you are taking the word transfer a bit too literal Gomer.

EDIT: Didn't see the next post...wait what? You can't hand your buddy your rifle in CA while you cross a fence?

Sorry, but the "can't hand your hunting rifle to a buddy while crossing a fence" in California is fake news.

Laws are laws. I guess they can be interpreted differently but I know a lot of people that don't want to test the water with an over zealous DA. I'm sure they would love a volunteer to test the water if you know anyone.

The law states that You can't "loan" a friend a gun without going through a background check and the required 10 day wait.

▪ Assembly Bill 1511, by Assemblyman Miguel Santiago, D-Los Angeles, requiring that the infrequent loans of a firearm be made only to family members.

The people of the State of California do enact as follows:

SECTION 1. Section 27880 of the Penal Code is amended to read:

27880. Section 27545 does not apply to the loan of a firearm if all of the following requirements are satisfied:
(a) The loan is to a spouse, registered domestic partner, or any of the following relations, whether by consanguinity, adoption, or step relation:
(1) Parent.
(2) Child.
(3) Sibling.
(4) Grandparent.
(5) Grandchild.
(b) The loan is infrequent, as defined in Section 16730.
(c) The loan is for any lawful purpose.
(d) The loan does not exceed 30 days in duration.
(e) Until January 1, 2015, if the firearm is a handgun, the individual being loaned the firearm shall have a valid handgun safety certificate. Commencing January 1, 2015, for any firearm, the individual being loaned the firearm shall have a valid firearm safety certificate, except that in the case of a handgun, an unexpired handgun safety certificate may be used.
(f) If the firearm being loaned is a handgun, the handgun is registered to the person making the loan pursuant to Section 11106.

Sorry, but the "can't hand your hunting rifle to a buddy while crossing a fence" in California is fake news.

and yes 100% was an over zealous mistake on my part. not all of the examples are illegal, just a few.

My take home of this waste of time;
  • we should have a dialog
  • it's time to have an honest conversation
  • there were more guns per capita 50 or 100 years ago
  • it's a cultural problem
  • we celebrate death through music and video games
  • graphic tv shows in prime time are part of the problem

Well he didn't say we need to pray more, so there is that.

Come on Pat, he talked a lot and said nothing.

Once again, I don't have the answer, but looks like me and the gov are in the same boat.

So a trained SRO froze up and couldn't perform his duty and folks expect the geography teacher would succeed in stopping a shooter? Sorry but that doesn't sound very realistic.

The teachers and coaches who gave up their lives by placing their bodies in front of the students would have been able to pull the trigger and may have made a difference. Trained individuals can still freeze. It happened.

Do everything you can and it still may not happen. I think teachers and school administration and janitors if willing should be allowed concealed carry.

Once again, I don't have the answer, but looks like me and the gov are in the same boat.
He said plenty. The fact most do not want to work on what he said shows we won't fix much but armed personnel would be a step in the right direction, if you hire one that isn't a coward like this school had.

So, you discount all those things?

WOW!

I thought the Gov had one of the most well thought out responses I have heard on the subject.
An intelligent perspective on problem solving - something that seems missing in a lot of the dialogue.

The best "right of the aisle" voice I have heard since the shooting. Now if we can just get the crazies on left and right to shut up so the "adults" in the room can roll up their sleeves and work on this from many angles (background checks included, personal responsibility included, mental health included, school security included) the 80% of us in the middle would be well served.

Ahhh ok so according to this video all we need to do is ban violent video games, music and tv. Censorship is now the answer. Preposterous!
He sounds like the older generation in the 60's who were saying the same thing about the then new "evil rock & roll " music and the long hair delinquents listening to it.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back