School/Mass shootings what's the answer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6XTVuUP0Ho&feature=youtu.be

Gov. Bevin makes some great statements during this discussion. Well worth the 8 Minutes!!

Like I said in the other thread - his statements are BS. Gun crimes are roughly half of what they were 25 years ago. School shootings are down. What is up is where an assailant shoots 10, 20 or 100 innocent people in a few minutes, which is such a horrific crime it brings the U.S. to a halt. Here are two stories (I use these sources since the liberal press allegedly wants to take your guns away, but they provide evidence to the contrary.)

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...are&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/15/5938...n-perceived-danger-in-u-s-schools-and-reality

VA Tech... Pistols. Columbine, sawed off, side by side hunting shotguns reloaded 19 X's.
The AR platform sold to civilians pre- 1970's and once Colt's patent concluded many manufacturers produced civilian variations in the '70's on through today.

Stats don't tell emotional lies. Statistics of the world differ much from the biased media portrayal of U.S. as the issue.

Sytes, as I said earlier, put your claims in a time capsule for the folks wondering how we wound up with all these stupid gun laws. High capacity semi-autos are in a different class no matter how much you try to make them be the same as a double barrel shotgun. And they are far more common now than they were in the 70s, when most gun owners treated them like terrorist weapons and didn't even realize they were legal.

SAnd they are far more common now than they were in the 70s, when most gun owners treated them like terrorist weapons and didn't even realize they were legal.

Which is ironic, given that the M1 Garand and M14 are both entirely capable of inflicting mass casualties. 20 round magazines are not unique to this century.

Which is ironic, given that the M1 Garand and M14 are both entirely capable of inflicting mass casualties. 20 round magazines are not unique to this century.
It's probably because they aren't black. ;)

Sytes, as I said earlier, put your claims in a time capsule for the folks wondering how we wound up with all these stupid gun laws. High capacity semi-autos are in a different class no matter how much you try to make them be the same as a double barrel shotgun. And they are far more common now than they were in the 70s, when most gun owners treated them like terrorist weapons and didn't even realize they were legal.

RobG, I would offer you to take your impressions and place them in a time capsule for the folks wondering how we wound up with all "these stupid gun laws" though that would be on a personal level vs debating the topic.

Title of the thread: "School/mass shootings what's the answer?".

You believe laws banning the sale of magazines with 'X' quantity rounds is the answer. I disagree. Cheers for your opinion.

Shotgun example, for others reading is obviously not comparing a semi auto rifles to a shotgun, as RobG presents, it shares the frequency two kids reloaded their side by side breach loaders. The time it takes to do this is far beyond, say a law permitting a maximum 5 round magazine...?

VA Tech nutter used pistols... Max capacity 5 round magazine work for American citizens? I think not though this guy used pistols to murder.

The magazine capacity does not hinder a person's will...

Restrictions sure did not stop the will of Anders Breivik - Norway... ied's and restricted firearms used to murder 77 innocent. Mind you, Norway, not the U.S.

U.S. "Mass Shootings" Statistics:

The statistic shows the wepon types used in mass shootings in the United States between 1982 and June 2017. These calculations are based on 90 incidents reported by the source. A total of 43 rifles have been used in 35 mass shootings between 1982 and 2017.

Number of weapons used Number of incidents

Semiautomatic handguns 99 67

Rifles 43 35

Shotguns 29 23

Revolvers 23 18
https://www.statista.com/statistics/476409/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-weapon-types-used/

Screen-Shot-2016-04-05-at-Tuesday-April-5-1.05-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2016-04-05-at-Tuesday-April-5-1.06-AM.png
https://crimeresearch.org

Mental illness is a challenging "slippery slope" to confront considering the Privacy Act and the deterrence for those needing help where an expectation of privacy is no longer present. However, if we want to face the issue, magazine restrictions vs figuring a means to work with people facing mental challenges would be my thoughts.

Last edited:
Sytes - This is getting tiresome. I've been around guns pretty much my entire 51 years. I own enough (including semi-autos) that I'm not even sure how many are in my safe. If I don't buy your claims, do you seriously think you have a chance of affecting opinion of the people pushing for wider change?

If that is the same study you posted earlier, it was so full of holes I can only imagine it was cherry picked to mislead. The time frame and populations were so small that single events wildly skewed the data and the definition of mass shootings must have been 3 or less. Sad as it is, nobody cares when 2, 3, or even 5 people get shot. They usually don't even make the news unless the situation was especially noteworthy. The horrific ones are when 10, 20 or even 100 people are shot in a few minutes and those are the ones that stop the U.S. in its tracks. Yes, any number of weapons can be used for mass murders, but one type is especially effective for a loan gunman acting with little forethought instead of planning a gruesome act where the doors are chained shut or multiple shooters using teamwork are involved.

As far as mental illness goes, it isn't privacy issues, but rather that 25% of us have some form of mental illness and there is no criteria to screen out these psychopaths that wouldn't affect innocent people. In terms of taking away your guns, that is wouldn't be a huge infringement. The fact is, people are getting fed up reading about "assault rifles" being used in these mass murders and they see little use for them. The NRA's response is to correct their "grammar" and tell them guns don't kill people, and put vice grips on the nuts of the Republicans... That isn't going to work very well in the long term.

RobG, if it is tiresome, don't open the thread, tiresome of opposing views... Ignore those that do not share your view... Pretty simple.
You qualify yourself based on age and firearm ownership. Ditto.<Insert check mark>.
You attempt to smear the statistics shared (over 3) not as you mislead others to believe.
Edit added:
Here is the statistics you claim are based on less than 3...

Screenshot-6_18_2015-9_43_12-PM.jpg
http://archive.is/f4gbv
Mental illness... You and I disagree. Privacy issue is a challenge. As I mentioned before, certain states require psychiatrist to report a patient if a fear of impending action may occur. To go further, I fear may result in those specifically in need of mental help for fear their patient & doctor Privacy, HIPAA / 42CFR, et al, protections no longer exist... Are much less inclined to go for help.
We disagree? Okay.. sure. Your opinion, my opinion. You're far from adjusting my opinion as I see I'm far from adjusting yours. Maybe we are ALL sharing our perspectives.

Last edited:
すべての点 ;)

I'm not interested in re-hashing the back and forth. I think my Google Translate had a "Zinke" moment...
I just reversed the Google translate using the Japanese word and it stated, "All points". However, reverse that using "All points" and it shares a different Japanese text.

My play on words was, "All respect" translated to Japanese. This, by Google, shows as presented in my post. Maybe it was Russian Google interference via Zinke's misuse of Good Afternoon in Japanese. Haha! :)

Oops. It is ironically humorous considering the Japanese word useage here of recent.

Anyhow, for what it's worth... I'll stick with English.

"All respect", Rob.

Holy sheeze 29 pages. Here's the solution
- Ban mags over 8 rounds. Personally I love rocking 30 off but ability to kill so many between reloads is a threat we can eliminate.
- Arm teachers using a program similar to what the FAA implemented for pilots post 9/11. Someone in position with ability and care to act is essential. It's horrific every shooting we have unarmed teachers defending children gunned down.
- Accept not everyone deserves school Permanently expel kids who are trouble and ban them from school grounds.
- Declare social media a drug for people under 18. The mind scientists coming forward disclosing how they have tapped into our primal thoughts and impulses is scary. Do that to adults it's bad, do that to kids who are struggling and it pushes them over the edge. Sad 800 virtual friends and they are alone, manipulated and a threat.

Troy out again until post Easter. Happy Easter all

Just curious what the practical answer is to this nonsense.

Arm the teachers, administrators, & even the competent students (high school level). To the teeth.

As Americans, we prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.

Yes of course.
Because everybody needs a 30 or 40 round magazine for hunting.
And it seems if the hunting is not good, then at least one can fell a tree for firewood with maximum firepower. (Something which unfortunately happens more than you would think ... highly annoying, especially if someone else is still hunting.)

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back