Ranchers Need Public Lands Too

copy and paste into google maps
39.866993, -119.945746

I did, I don't really see anything other than the middle of nowhere.... :) I do see Reno down south if that is what you are referring too.

Last edited:
Good video.
Guy has his head on straight.
These ranchers where I am seem to think they will wind up owning the lands they have leased & seem to think they own.
Sadly mistaken if you ask me. Even the Turners & DB Hortons will be at the bottom of the buy up.

As for subdivisions in the middle of nowhere ,with no reliable water or infrastucture nearby, I lost count on how many are around here. Most defunct. Some starting to get more folks moving in. Retirees for most part, followed by just hunters.
Population here in the largest least populated most remote county in NM is still only around 3000 for 7500sq mi.

Great video.

Whether or not a certain parcel would be converted to a subdivision, mall, parking lot, or nothing. One thing is near certain - there would be No Trespassing signs. I know Jay Bodner, the Director of Natural Resources for the Montana Stockgrowers Association has said ranchers should work with federal ownership instead of trying to change it, but it would be nice if the MSGA came out against PLT officially like the Montana Wood Products Association did.

Although it may not be identified in the video, Sam is the President of the Nevada Cattleman’s Association.

Does he REALLY think a ranch out in the middle of no where that had to be sold will turn into a shopping mall or subdivision? LOL

Development marches ever onward. Huge threat to habitat.

Have you ever been to Colorado? It's amazing what a couple hundred thousand Californians can do to a place.

By the same token, you ever been to California? Amazing what the whole country moving to a state can do ;). That said, both states are too crowded for me.

LOL, I hear ya.... I guess in my head I was seeing where I hunted in WY this past year and out there I would not ever see this happening. Now closer to a town of some sort, sure.

You best tour around Wyoming a bit more, friend.

I never thought I'd see lots being sold right out of Medicine Bow in the southern portion of Shirley Basin either...but there is.

Probably one of the most inhospitable places I'd ever want to buy my 40 acres of paradise in, but they're selling.

I did, I don't really see anything other than the middle of nowhere.... :) I do see Reno down south if that is what you are referring too.

Whole lot of ranchettes in the middle of nowhere, true, no strip malls yet. Check out this place. 35.198517, -117.766269

You best tour around Wyoming a bit more, friend.

I never thought I'd see lots being sold right out of Medicine Bow in the southern portion of Shirley Basin either...but there is.

Probably one of the most inhospitable places I'd ever want to buy my 40 acres of paradise in, but they're selling.

You aren't skeered of a "little breeze" are you Buzz?? :):)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back