Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Colorado Mule Deer question

Wapiti23

Hey guys I am starting to think about a mule deer hunt in Colorado in the near future. Planning a rifle hunt during 3rd season. The units I am considering are 15 and 18. I am planning on heading to Wyoming this fall for an antelope hunt and thought about driving down to these areas just to see what they look like and poke a round about. I'm not looking for a super trophy but am curious as to what kind of bucks inhabit these areas? Whats the top end and maybe what to expect. Any info would be great.

Best way is to contact the area office and talk the area biologist and DWM. Those units are easy to draw with lots of hunters. I have only seen average bucks and nothing ever super big.

I will say that the Sarvis Creek Wilderness is a hell hole of blown down timber that takes up the majority of unit 15. I've poked around in there with a bow for Elk, I'm not sure how conducive to rifle deer hunting it would be unless you found a meadow within the maze of blow down and sat on it at dusk. That being said, any unit in Colorado has the potential to hold a monster in there somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back