PEAX Equipment

Clovercreekranch.net hunt outfitter warning

Always wanted to shoot a merino sheep... mostly so I can stop buying first lite, I got a loom and everything

Trophy Yak lol... We are butchering our beef next week anyone want to come to CO to shoot a cow? 2k and we will even through it the .22 used to shoot it!

View attachment 80240

Action closed tight (hopefully not on a live round), barrel pointing at hunters head/neck. Nice picture:rolleyes:

Last edited:
They shot Piglet from Winnie the Pooh!!

For those interested, if you put a deposit down now, they’ll hold your animal for you until you get there to hunt.

Can I request they feed a certain diet to the critter so is extra purty when I get to the pen? I got my new camo based on talking with other hunting experts that had been to this challenging, almost wilderness ranch. I have to admit this camo is a game changer and I have requested to become a member of the Pro Team. I will update when hear back. Any interest in a live hunt where I blog from the hot tub each evening?

feeder-camo.jpg

I can not stand the idiots who take photos with guns pointed at themselves or pointing in a non safe direction!

Ouch, you guys are cruel. :)
Probably my fault for not giving enough info, so let me clarify a few things:
I most definitely don't have any association with this hunt outfit other than being an unhappy customer.
I've been a public land hunter for over 30 years and I've never hired a guide. I hunt hard and have a pretty good success rate as a result of that. My typical big game hunting day involves throwing a pack with water,food and gear on my back, grabbing my weapon and heading out on foot for the whole day.
With all that said, I was considering buying a grass fed cow to feed my family but heard about this opportunity to harvest a Bison and decided to do that instead so I'd be more involved in putting the meat in my freezer. The T-bones are delicious. :)

Ouch, you guys are cruel. :)
Probably my fault for not giving enough info, so let me clarify a few things:
I most definitely don't have any association with this hunt outfit other than being an unhappy customer.
I've been a public land hunter for over 30 years and I've never hired a guide. I hunt hard and have a pretty good success rate as a result of that. My typical big game hunting day involves throwing a pack with water,food and gear on my back, grabbing my weapon and heading out on foot for the whole day.
With all that said, I was considering buying a grass fed cow to feed my family but heard about this opportunity to harvest a Bison and decided to do that instead so I'd be more involved in putting the meat in my freezer. The T-bones are delicious. :)

Thanks for clarifying. For a second there, it sounded like you paid to shoot a Bison inside of a fence, and then started a thread on a predominantly public land DIY hunting forum bitching about how even though you had a successful "hunt", you were disappointed in the operation.

Last edited:
Guy started this thread on every hunting forum I visit. And that's allot.

So the elk has now turned into a bison? Am I wrong there?

ETA: I see now. Still makes no sense to mention being successful, and listing all the contact information. I call BS. Ban him and move on.

I've always wanted to shoot a trophy Highland Cow but I'm not sure I could get it done in a short 3-day hunt, plus the $100 after-dark-skinning surcharge seems a little extreme...I'll pass, thanks for the grins though!

I've always wanted to shoot a trophy Highland Cow but I'm not sure I could get it done in a short 3-day hunt, plus the $100 after-dark-skinning surcharge seems a little extreme...I'll pass, thanks for the grins though!

Funny story...a ranch nearby was bought by a very wealthy family and decided they wanted Scottish Highland cows. Fast forward about 10 years and the family doesn't visit the ranch much due to the hassle of getting there and they just left the cows to do what they do. So 20 FERAL Scottish highlander cows with calves have been running the ranch for most of this time. Nearly as wild as elk my buddy and a coworker ended up "hunting" them in a couple thousand acres of mixed timber. Apparently they had a matriarch that lead them out into their feeding grounds like elk too. The meat is delicious...think fatty elk.

Funny story...a ranch nearby was bought by a very wealthy family and decided they wanted Scottish Highland cows. Fast forward about 10 years and the family doesn't visit the ranch much due to the hassle of getting there and they just left the cows to do what they do. So 20 FERAL Scottish highlander cows with calves have been running the ranch for most of this time. Nearly as wild as elk my buddy and a coworker ended up "hunting" them in a couple thousand acres of mixed timber. Apparently they had a matriarch that lead them out into their feeding grounds like elk too. The meat is delicious...think fatty elk.

This reminds me of the Escobar hippos... the population is now upwards of 50!

https://animals.howstuffworks.com/mammals/pablo-escobar-wild-hippos-hacienda-napoles.htm

Ooh, I bet that's tasty stuff! Let me know if they need a helper for culling...

ETA: I see now. Still makes no sense to mention being successful, and listing all the contact information. I call BS. Ban him and move on.

Let me clarify a few things:
I was on a DIY public land elk hunt in MT. I never got an elk during my hunt and am currently eating tag soup. :) Although I did take a Whitetail buck, so it wasn't a complete loss.

I left MT to go to Cheney WA to harvest a Bison and was then heading back home to go back to work. When I came back a month later on my rescheduled hunt, I shot a bull which was a foregone conclusion because they are running around on the ranch and are easy pickings.

I hope you can understand the aggravation of having to waste a whole day driving and extra fuel and hotel costs because the outfitter can't properly manage his business. And then have the guy blow you off with the promised refund to cover those costs. I've got emails on file with proof.

I've never hired a guide or outfitter in my over 30 years of hunting, but my buddy found out about this opportunity to get a Bison. I don't consider this high fence Bison harvest a hunt - I look at it as a substitute for buying a grass fed cow from the butcher where I get to be more involved in the process.

I posted on numerous forums/etc to get a warning out to hopefully stop other hunters from having to deal with the aggravation I've had with this outfitter. I posted contact info because these things show up in searches and help people find the info when they are searching for reviews of this outfit. I sure as heck don't want to drive any business their way (unless you're an enemy of mine ;) ). BTW, this outfitter also books traditional guided elk hunts at this Cheney WA location, so a customer would still be dealing with the local guy and high potential for a lousy experience.

Well, that's a pretty reasonable explanation. My apologies. I can understand spreading the word when upset, as I tend to take my time and money seriously as well.

I suggest going to the Who Am I? page and introducing yourself.

Guys that make their first post like this guy did on every website they can find make it look very suspicious as to why they did it. This particular post, as one member here stated, was C/Pd all over the internet calling it a "hunt" when very few actual hunters call it a hunt of any type. Now the OP comes back with a better explanation, but the only negative thing he posts is about losing $200 on the deal when we don't even know what the deal was other than reading his accusation. When I read first time posts like this that are C/Pd all over the net I just read and shake my head wondering what the actual story is that caused the posts because it's probably not what actually occurred to cause the posts in the first place.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back