Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Angry Clovercreekranch.net hunt outfitter warning

Just a heads up if you’re considering booking a hunt with Clovercreekranch.net, clovercreekranch.com, owner Shon Webb, swebb@ee-gogreen.com, phone 360-606-5428. Save yourself the headache and don’t.

They double booked my confirmed hunt day which caused me to lose 2 days of elk hunting in Montana and now require another 10 hour roundtrip and hotel stay to go a month later for my rescheduled hunt. They refused to refund my money, so I accepted a counter offer of a token $200 to at least partially offset my extra costs. The promised $200 has still not been paid 2 months after my successful hunt despite numerous promises and dozens of calls/texts/emails from me, most of which were ignored. Buyer beware!

I don't think you'll find too many of us looking into and hunting with outfitters.
    I'm an addict...archery, rifles, shotguns, handguns, muzzleloaders, hunting, fishing, fly fishing..and I don't want rehab

CWEH...Colorado's Worst Elk Hunter 2007-2017 (but I'm still damned sexy) 10 years of consistency!!

It looks like a stand up operation. You don't even need a hunting license: https://clovercreekranch.net/hunts/

Well crap! I guess I need to look elsewhere to fill my hybrid Zebu tag.

Odd how the word hunt is ever associated with a place like this...

That looks more like a zoo than a ranch to me

They shot Piglet from Winnie the Pooh!!

For those interested, if you put a deposit down now, they’ll hold your animal for you until you get there to hunt.
    Last edited by NoWiser; 02-13-2018 at 06:22 PM.

You're not supposed to shoot animals at a petting zoo.
    Last edited by Walkathon; 02-13-2018 at 06:48 PM.

He just posted this on Bowsite too. If you're rolling around with pigs don't be surprised when you get dirty.

Well at least he didnt say long time follower first time posting, what zone should i hunt?...lol

Even if you hadn't posted this notification, I wouldn't have used their services. Never hired a guide for anything. Never will!
    How much l wanted to take scalps, but it was not my kill.

Not going to find much sympathy here. I'd guess 99.99% of the regulars here believe in fair chase.

I can kill two animals in one day on a 1x1 section of state land with 7 cars parked along the road. but these dudes can’t book two guys on the same day to shoot fenced in farm animals.. that’s just funny..
    Last edited by Quackillr; 02-13-2018 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WildWill View Post
    He just posted this on Bowsite too. If you're rolling around with pigs don't be surprised when you get dirty.
    And rokslide

All for people warning others but when you're joining forums to just bad mouth someone it's a bit rough.
    Last edited by Aussie_hunter_JD; 02-13-2018 at 07:21 PM.

This thread looks more like an advertisement for the outfitter....is it just me?

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MN Public Hunter View Post
    This thread looks more like an advertisement for the outfitter....is it just me?
    Exactly my thoughts.

It did look questionable. Especially, when OP mentioned his successful hunt.

New way around the rules.

The OP says he lost 2 days of elk "hunting." How many days does it take to shoot an animal in a zoo. I guess if shooting animals on a game farm is his thing, have at it.
    But don't expect any sympathy from hunters on a public land hunting forum.
    I just saw the notice on the their site that says "pay online hold you hunt date and animal." Do they tie it up for you?
    Last edited by Gr8bawana; 02-14-2018 at 03:11 PM.
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

Always wanted to shoot a merino sheep... mostly so I can stop buying first lite, I got a loom and everything

Trophy Yak lol... We are butchering our beef next week anyone want to come to CO to shoot a cow? 2k and we will even through it the .22 used to shoot it!

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 556
Size:  52.2 KB
    Last edited by wllm1313; 02-14-2018 at 10:11 AM.

Oh lord. I remember a day, when I lived in Montana, when I was stuck at a traffic light behind a truck. I was admiring the absolutely enormous set of elk antlers coming out of the back of the truck (along with the legs), when it hit me that elk season had been closed for quite a while... I just don't get why this is appealing to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_hunter_JD View Post
    And rokslide

All for people warning others but when you're joining forums to just bad mouth someone it's a bit rough.
    And WapitiTalk.

Quote Originally Posted by wllm1313 View Post
    Always wanted to shoot a merino sheep... mostly so I can stop buying first lite, I got a loom and everything

Trophy Yak lol... We are butchering our beef next week anyone want to come to CO to shoot a cow? 2k and we will even through it the .22 used to shoot it!

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 556
Size:  52.2 KB
    Action closed tight (hopefully not on a live round), barrel pointing at hunters head/neck. Nice picture
    Last edited by Sawtooth; 02-14-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoWiser View Post
    They shot Piglet from Winnie the Pooh!!

For those interested, if you put a deposit down now, they’ll hold your animal for you until you get there to hunt.
    Can I request they feed a certain diet to the critter so is extra purty when I get to the pen? I got my new camo based on talking with other hunting experts that had been to this challenging, almost wilderness ranch. I have to admit this camo is a game changer and I have requested to become a member of the Pro Team. I will update when hear back. Any interest in a live hunt where I blog from the hot tub each evening?

Name:  feeder-camo.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  31.0 KB

I can not stand the idiots who take photos with guns pointed at themselves or pointing in a non safe direction!
    " You know what Jim Bridger said about the Indians. Just when your not seeing any is about the time they are fixing to get the thickest!"

The gun, the ear tag, I hope that was a faux picture.
    I'm calling fake news!
    “LET ME TELL YOU WHY PEOPLE LIVE IN IDAHO…THEY LIVE IN IDAHO BECAUSE THEY LOVE THEIR PUBLIC LANDS. THEY LIKE ACCESS TO THEM FOR RECREATION, FOR HUNTING AND FISHING, OR ALL THE ACTIVITIES THEY DO ON PUBLIC LANDS.”
    -U.S. Representative Mike Simpson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast