New Hampshire Moose 2018

406LIFE

Finally feel like I have enough points to put in for the draw. Coupled with moose numbers declining drastically, and I felt like I better start putting in. Anyone else?

I am dropping out with 10 points. My odds are way worse then they where 5 years ago with no end in sight. With over all odds of 1 in 258 my real odd closer to 1 in 600 for a unit I actually want to hunt. ...I am out.

This is the first year I am eligible to get into the lottery again. I drew in 2014 with 12 points (IIRC) and feel very fortunate to have drawn when I did...since then the number of permits has been cut to almost nothing!

Grew up in NH. Sitting on I think 15 points in NH and ME. With the tag #s dropping prob not gunna see one. Still like NHs draw better than ME. They ruined chances with the bonus packs. If I put in for the hunt rather than just a bonus point, its going to be just for a couple of units where I have free friend and family scouting help.

Last edited:
In case anyone was waiting in suspense, I did not draw one. I am anxious to hear what future moose seasons will be like in NH.

I only had 10 pts but didn’t draw either as a nonresident. I’ve taken two moose in Newfoundland so far and really like the alternate hunter idea in NH. Great way to take a grandson or daughter on a hunt. I’m in it for one of them not me now. Good luck to all that drew.

You’re better off focusing in the western states 406, waste of time and money. I put in for all 3 New England states for years, waste of money, and w the declining populations if you’re not a resident out there it will be even more difficult

Back