Cool and Different!

Big Sky

This is pretty cool. Well at least I think it is. My oldest son has him a new Merlin falcon. The bird got it's first kill with him yesterday. Anything that reduces the number of starlings in the world is a good thing in my opinion. He has had the falcon about a month and the training has been going very well. Falconry is a fascinating form of hunting, and I used to enjoy training birds of prey with my son when he was a just a kid. Without further delay I'd like to introduce you to Spook the Merlin Falcon.
attachment.php

My son has also changed quite a bit over the years. I haven't posted a picture of him in a while here is a recent pic. He's kind of hairy bugger these day. Looks the part of a falconer though. :)
attachment.php

I love watching raptors hunt. Here on the farm, they'll stay really close to tractors and swathers because of the mice and raptors are very good at what they do. Watching one you had trained and that was working with you - that would be extra cool.

Troy, when you're out with a trained bird, do you try and avoid other raptors in the same area? I'm just curious how they interact with wild raptors.

Way cool. Lets get some video of that falcon in action sometime.

Very cool Troy!
The Sky family never runs out of stuff to talk about at the supper table, that's for sure!

Awesome. Falconry is an amazing sport. One of the oldest forms of hunting still in practice today!

LOL. You start calling for that falcon by that name here in St. Louis your going to end up with a few slugs in your chest. Its a racial slur for black people.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back