Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Trespass Hunt Help

MDhunter07

Last week I found out that my father who is 71 is loosing his eyesight, we had been planing on making a trip out west next year (we're from Maryland) but after his diagnosis we figured it would be best not to waist anymore time and do it this year. We discussed what kind of hunt he wanted to go on and the species that has eluded him all these years is the Mule deer. We also discussed going with an outfitter but both my father and I would rather not go down that road. Being 71 I worry about him getting into the back country chasing deer. I was wondering if anyone on here knew of a ranch that allows hunters to trespass for a fee that holds a decent amount of deer. We are currently looking at all western states but mainly Wyoming and have 0 PP. Any help or a point in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Google DIY mule deer hunt in the states you want and see what comes up. You might try calling some of the game wardens or state biologist in the area of interest.

Montana General tag in the eastern part of the state should get you opportunities at decent bucks fairly close to access points.

If you decide Montana, PM me. I would love to help. My father is also aging, and is in the same boat with Elk. Somehow they have always eluded him. Muleys....not so much.

To be clear though...I have no knowledge of trespass hunting. I could however point you to a very solid chunk public land. I would likely be hunting it as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back