Yeti GOBOX Collection

Name me some crazy activities to do

That's a little too extreme for my taste but from you suggested, I'll be adding something related like bungee jumping or jumping down a cliff by a suspension cord! Thanks!

African mission trip. I've heard this is a very rewarding experience where you can help others while probably being helped more by them.

I second scuba diving! Maybe some shark dives are up your alley. Diving with the whale sharks in Belize is something I’ve always wanted to do.

Get involved with a mission group, or if you aren't religious, go with Doctors Without Borders. Something meaningful, fulfilling, and adventurous.

'Went from skimming eight inches off the waves at 100 mph, jumping sampans with a flick of the cyclic stick in the South China Sea occasionally under fire, to facing smart-aleck eighth-graders each morning as an algebra class volunteer grandpa mentor.
Point is, while you're young and able sign up for adventures learning skills playing with the real big boy toys in the military ... that is really crazy stuff with a purpose! Later when you are a bit more subdued and careful, contribute in some way as COEEngineer suggests.

Motorcycle tour up the coast of Vietnam, paddle the inside passage from Seattle to Haines, read the Dangerous River then charter a canoe trip on it and see if you can picture yourself in his shoes, road bike/dirt bike tour from San Diego to Cabo, backpack patagonia with a fly rod (Torres del Paine National Park), Kiribati for suba/snorkle/fishing, climb one of the many extremely high but not well known peaks in China's Sichuan Province, fish the Kamchatka via heli, do a combo camel/float trip down a river in Mongolia, I could go on all day...

OK, not sure of what it means by "a lot of cash" saved up (which is great, by the way!) but how about this....plan an around the world trip. You can go as fast or as slow as you want. At the end of your life, you get to look back and recall setting foot on enough places in the world to circumnavigate it. Just an idea. Here is a good site to check out:

Round the World Planner

Second idea to consider: Top 5 Dream Hunts in 5 Countries.
Perhaps Coues in Mexico, Cape Buffalo in Tanzania, Ibex in Spain, Brown Bear in Russia, Tur in Azerbaijan. Or any insane combo one could think of.

This is a really cool question to ask, and one hell of a great "problem" to have! Good luck.

If it were me I would book a two week horseback/backpack hunt in Alaska, NW Territories, or the Yukon for moose, Dall sheep, grizzly bear, wolf, and caribou. That would be an adventure of several lifetimes with memories that would last forever! Catch some Arctic grayling on the trip and some brook trout for dinner one evening, and it would be heaven!

Corner cross onto the State land surrounded by the Sun Ranch and kill an elk. Use the money to fight the ticket and set a precedent. Make the courts finally decide what is legal!

This is what I am planning on doing as soon as I fully retire here in a few years. Pack yourself into some sort of vehicle (I am looking at fairly fuel efficient AWDs to take away season limits) and take however long it takes to tour the US(vary as needed) visiting all of the people I know and love (many of whom I haven't seen in years). Along the way trying all of the local food, drinks/beer and activities that strike my fancy. Have absolute flexibility and simply enjoy.

I'm blessed that I'm living my dream here in Montana. I'm constantly planning my next adventure, whether its hunting, fishing, camping, skiing, snowmobiling, etc, ect. Find something (or someplace) that you're passionate about and go for it! You only live once!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back