2018 MT Deer and Elk applications are open

Thanks Blake.

I'm still not seeing draw statistics from 2017. I'd like to know what the odds were for the general deer tag last year, seeing as I didn't draw. It's crazy if they're selling licenses again before publishing last year's odds.

Thanks Blake.

I'm still not seeing draw statistics from 2017. I'd like to know what the odds were for the general deer tag last year, seeing as I didn't draw. It's crazy if they're selling licenses again before publishing last year's odds.

Or having regs finalized : commission hasn't even finalized changes yet . I also need to see stats from last year before I apply

This I can tell you tho , I read in montana paper recently there were 1,000 people denied for the deer combo which means 5600 applied for 4600 tags so 80% draw

Yeah it's interesting how GoHunt can get the 2017 draw odds from them in what, December? But they don't post them on their website until the applications are open. Strange.

Also, let's hope for an easy and smooth draw process this year without system crashing, overcharging, and people drawing tags only to have them taken back due to a mistake. Get your popcorn ready :cool:

Yeah it's interesting how GoHunt can get the 2017 draw odds from them in what, December? But they don't post them on their website until the applications are open. Strange.

Do they have the permit odds by hd too ? That's what I'm really looking for . Thanks and yes my dad drew a combo last year , then he didn't , then tag showed up in mail it was a mess . Hope that's fixed . Also I see there's a new fee for Aquatic such and such included on our tab . With permit and bonus point I went thru to the end and it's gonna be $1,098 for me ... ��

Do they have the permit odds by hd too ? That's what I'm really looking for . Thanks and yes my dad drew a combo last year , then he didn't , then tag showed up in mail it was a mess . Hope that's fixed . Also I see there's a new fee for Aquatic such and such included on our tab . With permit and bonus point I went thru to the end and it's gonna be $1,098 for me ... ��

Yes they do. They have the Antlerless as well.

This I can tell you tho , I read in montana paper recently there were 1,000 people denied for the deer combo which means 5600 applied for 4600 tags so 80% draw

Well that's better than nothing. I know I was #700-something on the alternate list and was never contacted about a returned/reissued tag, but then saw that some were sold first come/first serve later in the year.

The NR packet is now available online with draw percentages . Not broken down by points but just % by hd . Plus tells by hd how many permits are out this year . Good enough for me . About time !

I’m looking for clarification before I apply for my first combo application. As far as elk and deer permits, the HD I’m looking at is white for both.

Does this mean if drawn I could hunt 1. Bull and cow Elk? 2. A mule deer buck?

Or do I need to apply for a cow elk permit?

Thanks for any advice.

White in the map ? All that means is both are general units for bucks and bulls . But , look up the hd number in the packet to check the regs . The general combination license is good for one elk and one deer that's it

Check the hd regs , u may be able to shoot a cow on the general tag , not also , but instead of a bull .

I went to the state regs for the unit (I didn’t know it’s was there by HD) and for general season for the HD Elk it’s either sex and Mule deer it’s Buck. Thank you again.

I went to the state regs for the unit (I didn’t know it’s was there by HD) and for general season for the HD Elk it’s either sex and Mule deer it’s Buck. Thank you again.

Your welcome good luck . Any more questions pm not bragging but I know the regs like blthe back of my hand . Been applying in montana long enough and seems like whenever I'm bored waiting for hunting season to come I read the regs and permits books . Good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back