Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Montana Hunters.....We Need Your Help

Admittedly I'm in over my head as far as understanding all the implications. I've read the FWP document several times and spent some time reading through MT DNRC and NRCS websites. Little is mentioned in the guidelines for these easements about limiting mineral rights holders access and the land owner themselves stated that is beyond their intentions of pursuing the easement. This is more then enough of a political circus (that ultimately serves no one but some of the wealthiest extraction players) to inspire me to be involved in the public land debate. Thank you to those here on HT that have a good grasp of all factors and players involved!! Will that land board meeting be publicly broadcast in real time? I found the page for the agenda and minutes. http://dnrc.mt.gov/landboard/meeting-archive

Again thank you to those involved for bringing the information forward to the forum members!

".....the legislature is against outright deed purchases and they claim to prefer easements. With this project, I guess we will see if some actually prefer easements, or if that is the straw man in their anti-public access defense".

^^THIS. I hope in addition to sending communication(s) to the land board, Montana sportsman will monitor the outcome and respond (to the players) accordingly to the aftermath - positively or negatively as necessary.
Side Note - that "Prairie Populist" looks interesting.

If anyone’s on the fence and hasn’t sent an email yet, the hearing with the Land Board is tomorrow morning.

Bump.

Thanks for last minute reminder. Messages sent.

Last edited:
Mt. Land Board - encumbered by extreme conservative ideologues - who are about as dense as wet logs.
AG Fox' thoughts - a thumbs up on this issue.
decision delayed so the three stooges can slap each others heads, spin around on the floor, and make strange mouth noises for an indefinitely longer period of time.
See what happens next. Keep the comms pouring in.....

Everyone knew, except the folks the voted for them, that Stapleton and Rosendale were incompetent.

Who makes a motion to delay a decision with no end date for the delay? SMH

Last edited:
Everyone knew, except the folks the voted for them, that Stapleton and Rosendale were incompetent.

Do you think that was really a concern of those that voted for those two - and Ms. Arntsen:rolleyes:
It's difficult being a MT "libtard" ain't it Jones:D......

Do you think that was really a concern of those that voted for those two - and Ms. Arntsen:rolleyes:
It's difficult being a MT "libtard" ain't it Jones:D......

It sure is, but we do know who to call if anyone needs a drone shot down.

I couldn't figure out Arntsen's point. She sounded in favor of it, but just wanted to wait. Even the Gov. gave her the eyeroll as he seem confused at what her point was.

I had to get to a meeting and missed the end...they decided to delay the decision?

Hopefully it gets all worked out, but I guess I shouldn't hold my breath...

Time to ramp it up but first of all we need it on next months agenda. Shitty roads for me to drive 12 hours on to watch people kick a can down the road.

Back