Montana Hunters.....We Need Your Help

As an avid public land user and hunter the proposal looks good to me....what are some of the reasons the land board doesn't want to go through with this?

Rosendale believes this is where the next big oil and gas boom will be taking place. The mineral rights owners are separate from the surface rights owners so I don’t believe the Easement would have much weight if the mineral rights owners were to develop those resources. I also believe that is a little bit of a red herring and instead a way to play politics and stick it to FWP and Bullock.

Message sent.

And whatever happened to folks like Ed Smith, Stan Stephens, Francis Bardanouve representing that part of Montana? And those similar from other parts of the state?

I can't believe "Dear Leader" back in Washington hasn't caught wind of this guy and brought him back to help him?? Unreal...

Sent. I appreciate all of you folks who inform of these important issues. I want to be a conservationist and advocate, but I often just don't know the right ways to be involved.

To all whom it may concern,
I want to express my support for the purchase of the Horse Creek Complex Conservation Easement by FWP. Ensuring long-term conservation and access to lands like these is critical to keeping Montana as the great state that it is.

Mr. Rosendale, I specifically want to address your vote on this issue. Your Senate Campaign website says, "During my service on Montana’s land board, I’ve shown that I will work to expand access to public lands for hunters, anglers and others who simply want to enjoy Montana’s great outdoors. I’ll do the same in the Senate.” I’m curious how you would rationalize a no vote on this easement with the aforementioned statement. This is a golden opportunity to show your public land advocacy, and I hope you take the opportunity to represent the value that Montanans place on conservation and land access. I’ll put it bluntly. A no vote from you on this easement will mean a no vote from me in November.

I look forward to seeing the Land Board do the right thing and vote yes on this easement.

Thank you,
Patrick Sievert
Sidney, Montana

Sent.

Rosendale believes this is where the next big oil and gas boom will be taking place. The mineral rights owners are separate from the surface rights owners so I don’t believe the Easement would have much weight if the mineral rights owners were to develop those resources. I also believe that is a little bit of a red herring and instead a way to play politics and stick it to FWP and Bullock.

LOL. I'd love to talk reservoir engineering with this guy...

Thank you everyone! The easement passed the commission a few minutes ago unanimously. 5 more days until it comes before the Land Board. If you can think of anyone else to pressure into writing a letter of support, we would be forever grateful.

Schaaf....thank you for answering my question. I listened to the public comment portion of the FWP commission meeting today and that answered some further questions as well. As far as the whole mineral rights\development issue it sounds like that wouldn't be a reason to reject the easement by the land board (if it were I would understand the no vote as they would be in a legal twist) So if it is just a political play to stick it to FWP and Bullock then it will be a real detriment to the land board as a governing body tasked with the protection of our natural resources. (obviously I live in a fantasy land). Why does the DNRC trust land board weigh in on NRCS ALE easements or is it just because it involves the couple of parcels of state trust lands?

Schaaf....thank you for answering my question. I listened to the public comment portion of the FWP commission meeting today and that answered some further questions as well. As far as the whole mineral rights\development issue it sounds like that wouldn't be a reason to reject the easement by the land board (if it were I would understand the no vote as they would be in a legal twist) So if it is just a political play to stick it to FWP and Bullock then it will be a real detriment to the land board as a governing body tasked with the protection of our natural resources. (obviously I live in a fantasy land). Why does the DNRC trust land board weigh in on NRCS ALE easements or is it just because it involves the couple of parcels of state trust lands?

Part of the funding for this easement will come from Habitat Montana, a program that needs approval from the State Land Board before funds can be spent.

Yep... I knew of their passings. Seemed like a time back then when party affiliation was important and serious. But certainly more give and take across the aisles in Helena. Maybe just my perspective.

Glad to hear this opportunity is moving forward....

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back