Badlands vs Mystery Ranch

I've got a BL 2200 and love it. Packed out an elk front and hind quarter at the same time as well as multiple deer and it felt good and performed great. I've never used a MR so can't speak to comparison but the 2200 felt a whole lot better than my army rucksacks ever did.

I haven’t looked at a 2200 in a while, but I’d be curious as to how you fit two elk quarters on a pack of that size.

Also, I had a Badlands for a while.

Yup, the warranty is good. Broke a strap while packing out a mule deer.

Of course, I can’t comment on MR’s warranty. Never had to use it. Get your hands on one and you can tell they are a quality pack. I think you could probably drag one behind your truck to the trailhead and then throw it on and pack out an animal.

I haven’t looked at a 2200 in a while, but I’d be curious as to how you fit two elk quarters on a pack of that size.

Like this. I haven't had the need to pack out very many animals since most of my hunting is east coast but this fit fine
img_734683014_img950548.jpg

You can't even put MR and Badlands in the same sentence. Kinda like comparing a Prius and F250.

Dang every time I see lower legs in a pack it makes my back hurt.

Personally not a big fan of Badlands day packs. Zippers do not hold up very well. I got an authorized return to have two zippers on a pack replaced by them. There was a small fee to return but don't remember the exact amount. They did not fix/replace the zippers. They sent me a similar pack that was a demo. Within two or three months the side pouch zipper and a back zipper blew out. Last weekend the main compartment zip went. I don't feel like using their customer service again. It was too much like herding cats. I'll replace the Badlands pack with a day pack from the Outdoorsman in Phx, AZ. I have their Long range pack and very impressed by how it is wearing/holding up . Don't know much abut Mystery Ranch. Tried to buy one online once but no one answered my requests/questions.

Badlands are cheaply made junk IME. I used one for a year and sold it before the next season. Replaced it qith a MR crew cab. Used that for 5 years and now have a MR Cabinet, which is a lighter and better IMO version of the crew cab.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back