Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I left Jim a toughly worded response on the facebook, feeling pretty good about it.
    "Of what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map" - Aldo Leopold

"Send a couple more slugs. It shows you care." - David Petzal

Quote Originally Posted by Jwill View Post
    I left Jim a toughly worded response on the facebook, feeling pretty good about it.
    Name:  80474932.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  48.2 KB
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

As with everything, seems there is a mass level of support for Shockey via his comments and replies to groups such as BHA. Interesting reading the various comments. As much as I would like to dismiss such, I am sure it is viewed the same from the other side of the conversation... FB, etc.

Always two sides within todays instant access media. He has built a strong following - even with Outdoor Life promoting him as: https://www.outdoorlife.com/the-legacy-of-jim-shockey
    The Legacy of Modern Hunting's Most Influential Celebrity. A look at the life of the man who changed the way we think about hunting
    Not sure if this will direct to the right site as my computer at work is a bit restrictive, unless for duty related intent so apologies in advance if it does not work. Some 610,000 likes to his "fan page".
    Here is the link to his comments / response to groups such as BHA, etc. I believe I have the correct link. Have it on my phone though a blind shot posting from my computer.
    https://www.facebook.com/JimShockeyF...69047956478517
    " There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt
    Live to work or work to live... Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Oak View Post
    That's a gem.

Blog Entries

The Legacy of Modern Hunting's Most Influential Celebrity. And X numbers of likes on his facebook page.

There you have it. What really matter's in/to today's "modern hunting" world.
    I 'm pretty sure most of us (hunters) have been just about zero influenced by any celebrity.
    But whatever..................

Quote Originally Posted by onpoint View Post
    [I]
    I 'm pretty sure most of us (hunters) have been just about zero influenced by any celebrity.
    Flat billers with Monster Muley stickers is where the money is, us old guys wearing wool pants, not so much.
    “In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.”

― Benjamin Franklin

Flat billers with Monster Muley stickers is where the money is, us old guys wearing wool pants, not so much.
    Now that's the reality!

Blog Entries

This whole disappointed in this celebrity thing is, to me, a little not well thought out.
    The outdoor "celebs" and "icons" world has a fairly rich history of interesting characters.
    Kirt Darner, muley king.
    Ted - nuff said. As well as a whole bunch of others. Simply look back into threads on this very forum about some of these characters and their shenanigans.
    Hell, Zumbo - who actually spoke his mind and stood up to the establishment, recanted and sold him self out.
    My dad, who never hunted in his life, had more influence on my hunting and my outlook, approach, and values regarding hunting than anybody with a recognizable mug ever did or will.
    Thankful member of the wool pants crowd. And in addition, a member of the crowd that ain't afraid to get blood on Patagonia pants, either.

Quote Originally Posted by onpoint View Post
    The Legacy of Modern Hunting's Most Influential Celebrity. And X numbers of likes on his facebook page.

There you have it. What really matter's in/to today's "modern hunting" world.
    But whatever..................
    Works for Randy. A valued influence on many. Celebs culture many settings... Heck, pick y'er poison... Clint Eastwood, Barbara Streisand...
    Sad but true... Depending on what side, Celebs are there to provide their influence and steer what they can.
    Last edited by Sytes; 02-14-2018 at 11:23 AM.
    " There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt

Everyone is familiar with the rape scene in Deliverance so I won't post a link.
    Now, picture Greg Hughes as (the hunter) but instead of saying "squeal like a pig" he is whispering "trust me I'm a hunter"
    I'm pretty sure the thermal's hate me

Larry the Enticer has almost 800K followers on facebook. Maybe we should recruit him to stand up for public lands.

https://www.facebook.com/larryentice...7040516052458/
    get over it commies..
    JWP58

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Lamb View Post
    Larry the Enticer has almost 800K followers on facebook. Maybe we should recruit him to stand up for public lands.

https://www.facebook.com/larryentice...7040516052458/
    i'M DOWN WITH THAT!
    Colorado's Sexiest Elk Hunter 2009-2018
    Squirrel's and SteveE 's super secret man crush
    SSSMC-2016-2017

SEND IT!

Chris Pratt has almost 8 million followers on facebook and he's an avid hunter. Would be awesome to hear him on Randy's podcast, or Rinella's, or see him be active in conservation. Talk about a huge platform.
    get over it commies..
    JWP58

SEND IT!

Chris Pratt has almost 8 million followers on facebook and he's an avid hunter. Would be awesome to hear him on Randy's podcast, or Rinella's, or see him be active in conservation. Talk about a huge platform.
    Blind follow the blind... Haha! Absolutely agree. Amazing how polarized some become... Must be the koolAid flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytes View Post
    Blind follow the blind... Haha! Absolutely agree. Amazing how polarized some become... Must be the koolAid flavor.
    How many crappy everready batteries did you buy because of Robert Conrad?

He sold more batteries than Shockey sells crappy muzzleloaders, I bet.
    get over it commies..
    JWP58

How many crappy everready batteries did you buy because of Robert Conrad?

He sold more batteries than Shockey sells crappy muzzleloaders, I bet.
    How many Outdoor Life readers believe what they read? Is Shockey the most influential Hunter of modern time? Slurp it up Outdoor Life subscribers! Haha!

Shows the amazing impact celebs have on people. Apparently Outdoor Life was impressed. Grandiose article for a TV personality.

17. Default

Shockey posted additional thoughts on this topic to his facebook a couple days ago – I just read it. While I appreciate he didn’t just hit delete when faced with some criticism I remain unmoved by his response. But I certainly respect his willingness to engage in public dialogue.

He claims to be fascinated that hunters have different opinions on the same issue and chalks it up to all of us hunters maybe not being as informed as we think we are. While probably true for any number of complex issues – and we all know there is usually plenty of misinformation on all sides of controversial matters – I guess I am still disappointed he wouldn’t use available resources to better understand land transfer issues. The only thing more disappointing is that he lends his support to an organization and venue that continues to fleece the sportsmen of Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by TOGIEGOAT View Post
    Just brought this up in another thread. But bans like that in Colorado are going to be facing a tough time passing after Amendment 71 passed in 2016 - making it significantly harder to pass ballot initiatives and change the constitution of the state. I couldn't be happier that Amendmen 71 passed, gonna save a lot of BS headaches in the future for outdoorsmen and many other groups.
    Did you see the 2% Rule was blocked due to concern over the rural voters' new power?

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/02/14/colorado-amendment-71-raise-the-bar-unconstitutional/

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LopeHunter View Post
    Canadian endorsements are all the rage these days.
    Ha!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123