Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Disappointed with Jim Shockey

SEND IT!

Chris Pratt has almost 8 million followers on facebook and he's an avid hunter. Would be awesome to hear him on Randy's podcast, or Rinella's, or see him be active in conservation. Talk about a huge platform.

SEND IT!

Chris Pratt has almost 8 million followers on facebook and he's an avid hunter. Would be awesome to hear him on Randy's podcast, or Rinella's, or see him be active in conservation. Talk about a huge platform.

Blind follow the blind... Haha! Absolutely agree. Amazing how polarized some become... Must be the koolAid flavor.

Blind follow the blind... Haha! Absolutely agree. Amazing how polarized some become... Must be the koolAid flavor.

How many crappy everready batteries did you buy because of Robert Conrad?

He sold more batteries than Shockey sells crappy muzzleloaders, I bet.

How many crappy everready batteries did you buy because of Robert Conrad?

He sold more batteries than Shockey sells crappy muzzleloaders, I bet.

How many Outdoor Life readers believe what they read? Is Shockey the most influential Hunter of modern time? Slurp it up Outdoor Life subscribers! Haha!

Shows the amazing impact celebs have on people. Apparently Outdoor Life was impressed. Grandiose article for a TV personality. :D

Shockey posted additional thoughts on this topic to his facebook a couple days ago – I just read it. While I appreciate he didn’t just hit delete when faced with some criticism I remain unmoved by his response. But I certainly respect his willingness to engage in public dialogue.

He claims to be fascinated that hunters have different opinions on the same issue and chalks it up to all of us hunters maybe not being as informed as we think we are. While probably true for any number of complex issues – and we all know there is usually plenty of misinformation on all sides of controversial matters – I guess I am still disappointed he wouldn’t use available resources to better understand land transfer issues. The only thing more disappointing is that he lends his support to an organization and venue that continues to fleece the sportsmen of Utah.

Just brought this up in another thread. But bans like that in Colorado are going to be facing a tough time passing after Amendment 71 passed in 2016 - making it significantly harder to pass ballot initiatives and change the constitution of the state. I couldn't be happier that Amendmen 71 passed, gonna save a lot of BS headaches in the future for outdoorsmen and many other groups.

Did you see the 2% Rule was blocked due to concern over the rural voters' new power?

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/02/14/colorado-amendment-71-raise-the-bar-unconstitutional/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back