Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Workin' dogs at work

onpoint

The chukar and "me and the boy" threads are great. Got me thinking, let's see 'em - I like the dogs, thought and hope maybe some people besides me might take some pics of the dogs while they're actually at work, not just after the work is done. Here's a few......
protesting the point vs. honoring the point
DSCN0101.jpg
just happen to like this one....
DSCN0126.jpg
just missed the ruffie exploding from the juniper, woulda' been a spectacular photo had it worked out:mad:
DSCN0129.jpg
her first "dead bird, dead bird"
jpoint.jpg
the old pro on the job
bstubble.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pictures!! These pictures make me even more excited to get my pup and start training. Hopefully I can get some goose retrieval pictures this fall

I love watching dogs work a field, my favorite part of hunting season. (A natural point for the lab)

Dakotah-1.jpg

Dakotah-2.jpg

Dakotah-3.jpg

Dakotah-4.jpg

Dakotah-5.jpg

I think every bird dog hunter has that "one" dog in their lifetime that truly shines. I've loved all my Brittanies and they've all been good in their own way but Pilot was my dog of a lifetime. At 5 months old he pointed and retrieved his first chukar. He just got better every year. If a cripple hit the ground he had it, didn't matter how far it ran. Gentle mouthed, never bit a bird, even when he was a little guy. Not that it matters but we had several 100+ chukar seasons. He passed on in 2012.

1-002-Hunters-26.JPG2-066-Hunters-27.JPG3-070-Hunters-31.JPG4-009-Hunters-18.JPG5-024-IMGP09901.JPG6-032-IMGP0909.JPG7-089-IMGP09851.JPG

Here is our chorkie baying up a young Buffalo, amazing they bred wolves to make him.
IMG_0461.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my pup Sage, a rescue that we found out was an english setter lab mix. The first pic is her at 4 months helping me hunt dove. She did great and even retrieved birds for me naturally without training! Loves gun shots and listens great in the woods. Not quite a hunting dog yet(more of a hunting partner)but is still young and has alot of training ahead of her!
IMG_9152.jpg
IMG_9157.jpg
IMG_9768 2.jpg

She saw (smelled?) the 16 gauge, reported in, and was ready to work. Until the finches outside the window caught her eye.....
DSCN0135[1].jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back