Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Any Mountain Bikers here?

Love to mountain bike, although I find my aversion to risk while riding increases dramatically as hunting season approaches.

I hear that, I had drawn a Colorado unit 61 bull tag a few years ago and separated my right AC shoulder joint going over the bars a week before the hunt. I got to turn the tag back and get my points back, it took me two more years to draw again.

"I'm pretty sure if I woulda' tried to keep "mountain biking", I wouldn't still be hunting blue grouse, elk, and muleys in high country. Of course, maybe I tended to have to pick myself up off the dirt and rock more than others.......":hump:
Never missed a hunt due to a extreme dude incident, nuff said:D
"Man's got to know his limitations" Dirty Harry

I thought I was going to do myself a favor by selling a carbon Trek superfly hardtail for a fuel full sus I got a heck of a deal on. Way too much bike, sold it to get my money out, and regret selling the superfly to this day. Luckily i have seen the guy I sold it to riding it, so at least its not sitting. IMG-1520.jpg

Mountain biking is a long time similar passion to my hunting, I think I mountain biked in 13? states but only hunted 10. I've messed around with XC and short track racing, but mostly I race a ton of cyclocross.
I got more into endurance events a few years ago and did the Leadville 100 2 years ago and the far harder Park City Point to Point last year coming from nearly sea level.

I've got a BMC Speedfox right now and had a Felt Nine3 before when I did Leadville.

4QomzbBl.jpg

Crusoe,

You are a stud! 24 hours of Old Pueblo is next weekend, wish I was going to be there.

So I just opened up hunttalk to start a thread about adding a mountain bike to the mix for public land hunting, and stumbled across this thread. I just bought a Specialized Chisel Comp last week and hope to get it out for some gravel road work this weekend in Hoosier National Forest. The current dream is to take it to Coronado National forest some January and use it to get around for coues deer hunting.

I know this is a long shot, but I'm looking for a teammate for the upcoming Death March Ride here in IN. Anyone out there interested?

Back