1. Default Rain Gear - Kuiu Outlet

I have been eyeing Kuiu NX Rain pant and Jacket for months, I have been hesitant to buy that or the Teton set from the outlet because there are no returns. I generally run a 2XL in most clothes, but a lot of these hunting brands seem to run small on me. (6'3" 260#). Any thoughts?

I almost bought the Cabela's space saver top and bottom a few years back, but held off. They seem nice and packable, but with the Kuiu outlet prices I can get the Kuiu stuff at a much lower price than normal, which I think is the better buy.

Thanks in advance.

Fyi i have large shoulders 56" jackets and a 40" waist, 6'1" 260ish. I wear there 3xl jacket and 2xl pants(with suspenders) because they are a outer layer you need them just a little bigger. I have had their yukons for 3 seasons which is suppose to be their best and and am not impressed. For rain gear is just doesnt get it done, i have to treat it a couple times a year to keep water off me. Hope it helps

Chris

I have thier NX set, I do like it a lot. It packs super small and weighs nothing, and is remarkably durable.
    Elitist Hunter

"Never let schooling [work] get in the way of your education" - Mark Twain

KUIU just had a rain gear sale buy the jacket and 50% of pants!

5. Default

Kuiu stuff is sized pretty small. I'd go up one size compared to other brands.

6. Default

I was at Cabela’s today, almost pulled the trigger on their space rain gear. Nice and light, very packable. I didn’t go for it because I didn’t trust them. If they work I’ll buy them, but I am believer of buy once crybonce. With a trip to Alaska in the near future, does anyone have some recommendations.

Once I think I have my mind made up, I overthink it again.

Not sure what kind of AK trip you're after, but with enough rain you'll get wet, especially moving through wet brush, after X hrs, you're just wet. So I'm not sure I would cry too hard when you finally throw down.
    Elitist Hunter

"Never let schooling [work] get in the way of your education" - Mark Twain

8. Default

Looks like a coastal sitka deer hunt, just ironing out the details.

9. Default

I Picked up a pair of Chugach pants in 2xl for $100. Hope they fit! Seemed too good of a price to pass up, now I need a jacket.

10. Default

I Picked up a pair of Chugach pants in 2xl for $100. Hope they fit! Seemed too good of a price to pass up, now I need a jacket.