MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New Arrows

Had good luck this year with gold tip Hunter XTs. Sold my bow so selling a dozen 250 spine if you need some super stiff ones...

Used FMJs for a few years. Loved the penetration, but I shoot a lot and they get 'dented' from other arrows hitting them in the target like the old aluminum arrows always did (not quite as bad, obviously). This affects flight when bad enough.

Have used Carbon Techs (CT Rhinos) for the last 2 or 3 years and are really impressed with them.

Used FMJs for a few years. Loved the penetration, but I shoot a lot and they get 'dented' from other arrows hitting them in the target like the old aluminum arrows always did (not quite as bad, obviously). This affects flight when bad enough.

the fact these FMJs will dent and get bent would keep me away from them. I've also noticed on hunting shows they seem to make a lot of noise on the draw, like the old Easton Aluminums. I'm sure they are great arrows and get awesome penetration but I don't have the money to replace arrows all the time. I almost switched to Easton 6mm Axis after using Carbon Express for years, I'd look at those if you like Easton. I ended up getting a great deal on Carbon Express Maxima Blu RZ. there are a lot of good deals on arrow on Ebay if you keep an eye out. I've used the same 6 Carbon Express arrows for 7 years and they are still in good enough shape to use. cant go wrong with Carbon express. I'm starting to see Black Eagle arrows a lot. I'd check them out too

I have been having really good luck with Gold Tip Kinetics the last few years, they aren't fancy, but they are smaller diameter, high grains per inch and come with a weighted insert/outsert. They penetrate like crazy.

When they updated them I bought more of the older style bare shafts, so I could keep shooting the exact same arrow.

Asking for arrow recommendations is like asking what brand of truck is best. Many good hunting arrows out there (I personally hate deep 6 inserts) but whatever you settle on don't scrimp. You get what you pay for. Buy arrows at WalMart and you will regret it.

I prefer skinny arrows: less wind deflection, deeper penetration, and I can nock tune them like lasers.

Last edited:
2 years into Victory VAP TKO's with the stainless insert. Great arrow, strong, wont bend on ya, takes alot to break them. Never seen an arrow duck wind like it either. I never plan on changing from this arrow.

Carbon Express Maxima Red, have had them since they came out and I have nothing but good things to say! Great spine, durable, just a great arrow all the way around!

Easton FMJ's

The argument that they get dented or bent and need to be replaced is simply a fear. I have had regular carbon arrows broken and scratched while shooting groups or in 3d tourneys.

I switched to FMJ's two years ago and I haven't replaced a single one due to damage. I shoot all the time and I shoot 3d all spring and summer.

Find the arrows that shoot well from your bow. FMJ's obviously have quite a following for a reason. I used to shoot Gold Tips and they are good. My buddy shoots Carbon Express and he likes them. The advice above to buy quality is wise advise. Your bow costs hundreds of dollars, the part that actually fly's to the animals should not be a budget item.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back