Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Let's See Your Dirtbagmobiles!

OhHeyThereBen

I was just sitting here thinking about how much I love my old beater and figured I'd give you all a chance to show yours off as well. There's no vehicle that has more soul and stories than an old dirtbag rig!

2000 Nissan Xterra, 230,000 Miles, Still going strong.

IMG_1190.jpg

20106726_1613589125320800_3308905702588953277_n.jpg

image1.jpg

Might not get a lot of replies on this one.
This used to be the average hunting/fishing outfit that rolled through a game check station in MT....
old.jpg
From my recent observations tooling around MT country, this is more the average nowadays.
now.jpg
GPS mounted to the dashboard and "Muley Fanatic" sticker filling the rear window - of course.

Last edited:
Cool thread.

1990 Jeep Cherokee. I’ve had it for 15 years and have stuffed elk, deer, and at one time, 5 antelope at once in the back of her. It can go just about anywhere.

One day I pulled up to my folks and went inside to BS with my dad. When I went back outside the jeep was gone. I looked 300 yards down the mountain and it was in my parent’s neighbor’s front yard, smashed against a tree. God I’m lucky it didn’t hit the house. It was a valuable lesson on parking brakes and left her with a scar.

Attachments

• 90EBA346-65F9-4BC7-B739-EA78E45C6406.jpg
    90EBA346-65F9-4BC7-B739-EA78E45C6406.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 2,183
My rig... 06' corolla with 220k and enough space for two boned out elk... trunk doesn't smell too bad anymore? although the wife disagrees...
carolla.JPG

My buddies rig... yeah he isn't married... go figure...

IMG_2330.JPG

Here you go a 1972 Blazer or my 1985 CJ 7... Both will go places that will scare the poo out of you...

k5cat-1.JPG

jeeptop_zps0c86b8f0.jpeg

jeep1.jpg

Cool thread.

1990 Jeep Cherokee. I’ve had it for 15 years and have stuffed elk, deer, and at one time, 5 antelope at once in the back of her. It can go just about anywhere.

One day I pulled up to my folks and went inside to BS with my dad. When I went back outside the jeep was gone. I looked 300 yards down the mountain and it was in my parent’s neighbor’s front yard, smashed against a tree. God I’m lucky it didn’t hit the house. It was a valuable lesson on parking brakes and left her with a scar.

I had a 1993 like that. Worst mistake I ever made getting rid of it. It was the perfect hunting/fishing/camping rig. I could take it anywhere, and didn't worry about anyone bothering it because it didn't look the best...but man was it a good vehicle.

These are some excellent rigs guys! Love the Jeeps. And Elks that Blazer is sweet! The elk in the hatchback definitely takes the cake thus far.

Here is the one I am getting ready to sell to make room for a new-to-me truck.......great rig just not enough room

Attachments

• jeep.jpg
    jeep.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 2,059
Cool thread.

Your story makes me laugh.
One night I got a call from my neighbor who lives across the street.
I answered "Hi Dennis! how are you doing?" He says "Good, Hey I figured you didn't park your Jeep on my yard next to my house? So I thought I'd give you a call."
It had rolled right by his house and stopped short of his side fence.

Here is the one I am getting ready to sell to make room for a new-to-me truck.......great rig just not enough room
'Wish you were closer, Top. That's my wife's dream Jeep!

We had a '99 Laredo she put 350k miles on before we sold it to high school kids who actually camped and slept in it. Jeeps are great vehicles.

I wouldn't call it a dirtbag, but heres my 1984 Toyota 4x4. My Dad bought it new and I learned how to drive in it.

Attachments

• Whitey.jpg
    Whitey.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,997
Love the Yoda, its all you need. I got a big muley doe carcass in the trunk of my '91 corolla 2 door some year ago (getting it out was harder), but that cow in the hatchback illustrates "necessity."

2006 Dodge 2500 w/ the Cummins in it. Inherited from Dad who bought it almost new. Right around 100K miles and it runs like a top.

I did manage to crater the passenger side rear door and back panel, so it should qualify as a dirtbagmobile. :)

10479228_10204220959274847_6450168520935573958_n.jpg

I bought this one used while I was in high school about 13 years ago. Over 300k now, still going strong..

40155849741_7a7dedeaec.jpg

oh, that brings back painful memories! btdt

1985 Toyota 22RE 151,000 miles "I love what you do for me, Toyota"

IMG_2417.jpg

2008 Dodge 3500 6.7L 135,000 miles- Bought it brand new, flatbed needs a makeover bad.

fullsizeoutput_120.jpg

Cool thread.

OMG! My wife used my company truck (while I was away hunting) and the same thing happened to it. Except it shot right thru the cattle guard, across the road, and off a cliff. It was an F350 with 50,000 miles- totaled!
My job didn't last too long after that incident. A blessing in disguise!

OMG! My wife used my company truck (while I was away hunting) and the same thing happened to it. Except it shot right thru the cattle guard, across the road, and off a cliff. It was an F350 with 50,000 miles- totaled!
My job didn't last too long after that incident. A blessing in disguise!

We are going to need to see pics of the truck after the fall and the cliff it fell off of.

I love the old Toyotas.

I'm a toyota guy that is temporarily driving an F150. That needs to change.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back