Let's See Your Dirtbagmobiles!

1986, my first Montana "4x4":rolleyes: was my dirtbag 1980 Chevy (Isuzu) Luv. Took this thing everywhere, including lotsa' places I had no business going to. If anyone ever took the Lake Abundance jeep trail through the mines above Cooke City before the '88 fires, you'll probably know that a Chevy Luv shouldn't have been down in there. At the time, I didn't. The little beast made it out and saw a lot more country before it got retired.......
80luv.jpg

My current dirtbagmobile. 1997 Dodge with 266,000+ miles on the original engine and trans. I put a locker in the rear and 4.10 gears in it and it will go most anywhere. Since I retired in 2014 I don't drive it much anymore other than hunting. It has proven to be very reliable since I bought it in 2000.

DSCN0365.jpg

'Wish you were closer, Top. That's my wife's dream Jeep!

We had a '99 Laredo she put 350k miles on before we sold it to high school kids who actually camped and slept in it. Jeeps are great vehicles.

Lil booger only has about 145K on it ....barely broken in :)

OMG! My wife used my company truck (while I was away hunting) and the same thing happened to it. Except it shot right thru the cattle guard, across the road, and off a cliff. It was an F350 with 50,000 miles- totaled!
My job didn't last too long after that incident. A blessing in disguise!

Geez, that's crazy. And the marriage survived! Well done. ;)

This is what my boys named the tweeter. 86 Toyota long box 1 ton. Yes it is classified as a 1 ton. My dad bought it new in 86. He passed in 98 and I took it over. All three of my boys learned to drive in it (5 speed) and used it as their first car. It is now my daily driver. I don’t hunt much with it except for
Early fall when weather and roads are good.

F34DF2A4-0F56-4154-9786-C0A88EF52A25.jpeg

This is what my boys named the tweeter. 86 Toyota long box 1 ton. Yes it is classified as a 1 ton. My dad bought it new in 86. He passed in 98 and I took it over. All three of my boys learned to drive in it (5 speed) and used it as their first car. It is now my daily driver. I don’t hunt much with it except for
Early fall when weather and roads are good.

View attachment 79989

Is that the same chassis/suspension/axles as the old Toyota motorhomes you used to see? I always marveled at how well those little trucks handled that load.

I was just sitting here thinking about how much I love my old beater and figured I'd give you all a chance to show yours off as well. There's no vehicle that has more soul and stories than an old dirtbag rig!

2000 Nissan Xterra, 230,000 Miles, Still going strong.

View attachment 79913

View attachment 79914

View attachment 79915

Beater? Mine is a 1983 Ford Super 250 2WD with a 6.9 Lt diesel. !42K actual miles on it! I love the thing. Rather drive it than my full size Bronco!

Last edited:
Rides a little rough and gets 3 gallons to the mile but she's solid.

20170907_153708.jpg

wllm1313 Piture of your buddies rig made me just about waste my drink. That picture is priceless

Too much salt on roads in WI to have old rig. They just rust away.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back