Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Let's See Your Dirtbagmobiles!

I know she’s not a beater but she will be some day. Like my marriage ....till death does us part .

Attachments

• CE599F10-32EA-44BA-8AED-713CF4224117.jpg
    CE599F10-32EA-44BA-8AED-713CF4224117.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 440
  • C0312098-5039-408B-94FA-4F07BD1BCD3B.jpg
    C0312098-5039-408B-94FA-4F07BD1BCD3B.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:
This was the clean new ride before a few years in Pie Town. Still much more comfortable ride than my Tacoma hunt/go any where rig. Modifying the Tacoma's lumber rack to fit the F-150 & installing a small winch has made it much more useful for wood collecting & game retrieval. I found a large tarp draped over makes an EZ tent/camp set-up in a pinch too.late OctNov 137.JPG
Loading a cow up a ramp,gutting it there in field,onto bed,getting it up in tree skinned before 10 am is is a dream.
I have been able to load 8 elk easily into a truck by myself in NM now,4 on public lands. Now if I could just draw a decent tag....it is NM CAMO now after all.

FullSizeR.jpg

Not a dirtbagmobile for sure. I replaced a 2004 Highlander with 142K miles, great vehicle, just not a lot of ground clearance.

My current setup

Sorry the pics are sideways. It wont let me correct it or delete the post.20190104_165208.jpg

Attachments

• 20180320_111505.jpg
    20180320_111505.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
My trusty Isuzu 4x4 utility (ute), it’s 4ycl intercooled turbo diesel, not a power house but a work horse. Took this pic as we entered the front gate of hunting property. Driveway is 70 odd miles long. 3 days on the road to get here but well worth it. The red dust is so fine like talc - gets into everything and everywhere.
8EE606F1-C4E8-4C94-9B1B-155AA916BD11.jpg

My trusty Isuzu 4x4 utility (ute), it’s 4ycl intercooled turbo diesel, not a power house but a work horse. Took this pic as we entered the front gate of hunting property. Driveway is 70 odd miles long. 3 days on the road to get here but well worth it. The red dust is so fine like talc - gets into everything and everywhere.
View attachment 93832

I'm pretty jealous of the engine offerings for your Aussies. Reliable, small, diesels are harder to come by in the states. My dream rig is a Land Cruiser Troopy diesel. Can't get those here unless they're like 25 years old.

View attachment 93832

I very much dig this rig and setup!! Very nice.

View attachment 93832

Nice rig!! I watch a lot of 4x4 action from Oz on youtube....4WD Action, 4x4 Austraila and Ronny Dahl. Love that stuff :)

Probably more to do with emission control. It's not like they were being imported before tariffs were changed.

Wrong, it's the "Chicken tax", emissions have zero to do with it hence the graphic. The chicken tax looked like it was on the outs in 2015 with the Trans Pacific Partnership and Toyota was even talking about bringing the Hilux over to the US before Trump was elected. On the Hilux front there were rumors going around that Toyota was going to skirt the chicken tax by dropping the Hilux diesel engine in Tacomas.

https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/tbp-017.pdf
http://www.aei.org/publication/the-...-big-3-from-foreign-competition-for-50-years/

Q3VCFBZ.jpg

vvmuLV9.jpg

3Fm5ypP.jpg

kdAjdqY.jpg

The dirtbag herself:
MYqLNx5.jpg

C4J97zg.jpg

Took me a bit to find a picture where its still clean.

Last edited:
I'm pretty jealous of the engine offerings for your Aussies. Reliable, small, diesels are harder to come by in the states. My dream rig is a Land Cruiser Troopy diesel. Can't get those here unless they're like 25 years old.

I have similar vehicle (same make and motor) for my work vehicle. Coming up to 4 years old and about to roll over 250,000 kilometres. Not a single issue so Ar - other than our kamikaze kangaroos jumping out in front. A good “roo bar” up front is essential travelling regional and outback Australia. Plenty of Troopies about here. Toyota Is not offering the 4.2lt (6cyl) turbo diesel in Oz any longer - great motor.

pgidley, what and where were/are the fungi?

Great Dog shot too!

Those are some chanterelles and some big gnarly porcinis. Normally porcinis that big would be full of worms, but we had a few frosts and they were pristine for the most part. We find them in older mixed forest here in Northern Ontario, but they're common across North America.

Thanks, that's my old girl Wilma. She's a beast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back