Let's See Your Dirtbagmobiles!

Not my dirtbagger. We just bought the '97 taco for the boy.

But I'm getting second thoughts, I want to keep it for myself. Four banger with a 5 speed, it's a blast to drive, it reminds me of my '84 I had years ago. He's going to be stoked when he sees it.

View attachment 82930

Lucky kid! I'd say a Taco is probably the epitome of a dirtbag rig. That or a Cherokee.

So, I have made a deal in principle tonight on a new to me rig!! 1992 Dodge 150....318.....3/4 ton axles.....+130k........should pick it up in about a week or so. More pics to follow once I get it!!

Attachments

• dodge.jpg
    dodge.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 770
SFC, that has excellent potential as DBM. Suggested mods: Crack the windshield. Oil and fluid leaks, the more the better. Pine tree air freshener a la Repo Man. Lots of gun racks and cup holders. Saddle blanket seat cover.

HA! You know that around here the cracked windshield will happen soon enough on it's own!! :)
SFC, that has excellent potential as DBM. Suggested mods: Crack the windshield. Oil and fluid leaks, the more the better. Pine tree air freshener a la Repo Man. Lots of gun racks and cup holders. Saddle blanket seat cover.

Not my dirtbagger. We just bought the '97 taco for the boy.

But I'm getting second thoughts, I want to keep it for myself. Four banger with a 5 speed, it's a blast to drive, it reminds me of my '84 I had years ago. He's going to be stoked when he sees it.

View attachment 82930

I'd liked to have seen the look on your son's face....cool deal.

I'd liked to have seen the look on your son's face....cool deal.

He'll be home in a few weeks, it's going to be a surprise.

In the meantime, I get to tear ass around town with it. Might even hit some FS roads with the wife to, uh, make sure there's no problems with it. Even though it's a dirtbagger, I'll have to remember to shovel the beer cans out of the back before he gets home.

This is almost a proper pic of how the bed of a dirtbagger should look, but it really needed more beer cans to be legit. Prolly should have been Keystone or Natty Ices for real dirtbagging.

704Pigs_in_truck-1.jpg

My new project rig headed to the shop for disassembly. My 16 year old son and a buddy will do the heavy work while the old guys advise and supervise. F9CC16BC-F895-49E3-B50C-079826509D28.jpg

So, I have made a deal in principle tonight on a new to me rig!! 1992 Dodge 150....318.....3/4 ton axles.....+130k........should pick it up in about a week or so. More pics to follow once I get it!!

I am starting to look for goodies for it. I will start a thread when I get it home but want to know if anyone might have a line on skid plates or a front receiver? Let me know if you do, thanks!!

Wife, wirehairs and I are currently road-tripping cross country in search of our new home. We’re hitting up as much public land as possible on the way and this is our home for the next 3 months!

BB0D2004-1742-41E5-996D-19DDD64330E1.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg
Does this one count?
I was leaving a hunting trip headed to town to pick up two elk from the butcher when it burst into flames and tried to take me with it.
My first attempt at uploading a photo so not sure how it will appear.

Back