Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Let's See Your Dirtbagmobiles!

I was just sitting here thinking about how much I love my old beater and figured I'd give you all a chance to show yours off as well. There's no vehicle that has more soul and stories than an old dirtbag rig!

2000 Nissan Xterra, 230,000 Miles, Still going strong.

Name:  IMG_1190.jpg
Views: 1934
Size:  76.3 KB

Name:  20106726_1613589125320800_3308905702588953277_n.jpg
Views: 1915
Size:  90.0 KB

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 1912
Size:  56.1 KB
    Squirrel!!!

Name:  030.jpg
Views: 1827
Size:  61.4 KBAnother Nissan, 1996 Pathfinder.

Blog Entries

Might not get a lot of replies on this one.
    This used to be the average hunting/fishing outfit that rolled through a game check station in MT....
    Name:  old.jpg
Views: 1796
Size:  10.4 KB
    From my recent observations tooling around MT country, this is more the average nowadays.
    Name:  now.jpg
Views: 1792
Size:  10.9 KB
    GPS mounted to the dashboard and "Muley Fanatic" sticker filling the rear window - of course.
    Last edited by onpoint; 02-07-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Cool thread.

1990 Jeep Cherokee. Iíve had it for 15 years and have stuffed elk, deer, and at one time, 5 antelope at once in the back of her. It can go just about anywhere.

One day I pulled up to my folks and went inside to BS with my dad. When I went back outside the jeep was gone. I looked 300 yards down the mountain and it was in my parentís neighborís front yard, smashed against a tree. God Iím lucky it didnít hit the house. It was a valuable lesson on parking brakes and left her with a scar.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ďIt is well to go all out sometimes.Ē - Elers Koch

My rig... 06' corolla with 220k and enough space for two boned out elk... trunk doesn't smell too bad anymore? although the wife disagrees...
    Name:  carolla.JPG
Views: 1792
Size:  32.2 KB

My buddies rig... yeah he isn't married... go figure...

Name:  IMG_2330.JPG
Views: 1781
Size:  39.9 KB

6. Default

Here you go a 1972 Blazer or my 1985 CJ 7... Both will go places that will scare the poo out of you...

Name:  k5cat-1.JPG
Views: 1851
Size:  157.4 KB

Name:  jeeptop_zps0c86b8f0.jpeg
Views: 1834
Size:  193.0 KB

Name:  jeep1.jpg
Views: 1819
Size:  44.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Range View Post
    Cool thread.

1990 Jeep Cherokee. I’ve had it for 15 years and have stuffed elk, deer, and at one time, 5 antelope at once in the back of her. It can go just about anywhere.

One day I pulled up to my folks and went inside to BS with my dad. When I went back outside the jeep was gone. I looked 300 yards down the mountain and it was in my parent’s neighbor’s front yard, smashed against a tree. God I’m lucky it didn’t hit the house. It was a valuable lesson on parking brakes and left her with a scar.
    I had a 1993 like that. Worst mistake I ever made getting rid of it. It was the perfect hunting/fishing/camping rig. I could take it anywhere, and didn't worry about anyone bothering it because it didn't look the best...but man was it a good vehicle.

These are some excellent rigs guys! Love the Jeeps. And Elks that Blazer is sweet! The elk in the hatchback definitely takes the cake thus far.
    Squirrel!!!

Here is the one I am getting ready to sell to make room for a new-to-me truck.......great rig just not enough room
    "Never apologize for being a Patriot!"

Cool thread.

1990 Jeep Cherokee. I’ve had it for 15 years and have stuffed elk, deer, and at one time, 5 antelope at once in the back of her. It can go just about anywhere.

One day I pulled up to my folks and went inside to BS with my dad. When I went back outside the jeep was gone. I looked 300 yards down the mountain and it was in my parent’s neighbor’s front yard, smashed against a tree. God I’m lucky it didn’t hit the house. It was a valuable lesson on parking brakes and left her with a scar.
    Your story makes me laugh.
    One night I got a call from my neighbor who lives across the street.
    I answered "Hi Dennis! how are you doing?" He says "Good, Hey I figured you didn't park your Jeep on my yard next to my house? So I thought I'd give you a call."
    It had rolled right by his house and stopped short of his side fence.
    I'm pretty sure the thermal's hate me

Here is the one I am getting ready to sell to make room for a new-to-me truck.......great rig just not enough room
    'Wish you were closer, Top. That's my wife's dream Jeep!

We had a '99 Laredo she put 350k miles on before we sold it to high school kids who actually camped and slept in it. Jeeps are great vehicles.

I wouldn't call it a dirtbag, but heres my 1984 Toyota 4x4. My Dad bought it new and I learned how to drive in it.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir

Love the Yoda, its all you need. I got a big muley doe carcass in the trunk of my '91 corolla 2 door some year ago (getting it out was harder), but that cow in the hatchback illustrates "necessity."

2006 Dodge 2500 w/ the Cummins in it. Inherited from Dad who bought it almost new. Right around 100K miles and it runs like a top.

I did manage to crater the passenger side rear door and back panel, so it should qualify as a dirtbagmobile.

Name:  10479228_10204220959274847_6450168520935573958_n.jpg
Views: 1620
Size:  64.0 KB
    get over it commies..
    JWP58

I bought this one used while I was in high school about 13 years ago. Over 300k now, still going strong..

Name:  40155849741_7a7dedeaec.jpg
Views: 1627
Size:  120.0 KB

oh, that brings back painful memories! btdt

1985 Toyota 22RE 151,000 miles "I love what you do for me, Toyota"

Name:  IMG_2417.jpg
Views: 1643
Size:  50.3 KB

2008 Dodge 3500 6.7L 135,000 miles- Bought it brand new, flatbed needs a makeover bad.

Name:  fullsizeoutput_120.jpg
Views: 1590
Size:  52.5 KB
    "The Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world" Del Gue

Cool thread.

1990 Jeep Cherokee. Iíve had it for 15 years and have stuffed elk, deer, and at one time, 5 antelope at once in the back of her. It can go just about anywhere.

One day I pulled up to my folks and went inside to BS with my dad. When I went back outside the jeep was gone. I looked 300 yards down the mountain and it was in my parentís neighborís front yard, smashed against a tree. God Iím lucky it didnít hit the house. It was a valuable lesson on parking brakes and left her with a scar.
    OMG! My wife used my company truck (while I was away hunting) and the same thing happened to it. Except it shot right thru the cattle guard, across the road, and off a cliff. It was an F350 with 50,000 miles- totaled!
    My job didn't last too long after that incident. A blessing in disguise!
    "The Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world" Del Gue

Quote Originally Posted by el unit View Post
    OMG! My wife used my company truck (while I was away hunting) and the same thing happened to it. Except it shot right thru the cattle guard, across the road, and off a cliff. It was an F350 with 50,000 miles- totaled!
    We are going to need to see pics of the truck after the fall and the cliff it fell off of.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir

I love the old Toyotas.

I'm a toyota guy that is temporarily driving an F150. That needs to change.

Blog Entries

1986, my first Montana "4x4" was my dirtbag 1980 Chevy (Isuzu) Luv. Took this thing everywhere, including lotsa' places I had no business going to. If anyone ever took the Lake Abundance jeep trail through the mines above Cooke City before the '88 fires, you'll probably know that a Chevy Luv shouldn't have been down in there. At the time, I didn't. The little beast made it out and saw a lot more country before it got retired.......
    Name:  80luv.jpg
Views: 1553
Size:  49.5 KB

My current dirtbagmobile. 1997 Dodge with 266,000+ miles on the original engine and trans. I put a locker in the rear and 4.10 gears in it and it will go most anywhere. Since I retired in 2014 I don't drive it much anymore other than hunting. It has proven to be very reliable since I bought it in 2000.

Name:  DSCN0365.jpg
Views: 1507
Size:  43.9 KB
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

1985 Toyota 22RE 151,000 miles "I love what you do for me, Toyota"

Name:  IMG_2417.jpg
Views: 1643
Size:  50.3 KB
    Man, I wanted a truck like this SO bad in high school...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Arrow View Post
    'Wish you were closer, Top. That's my wife's dream Jeep!

We had a '99 Laredo she put 350k miles on before we sold it to high school kids who actually camped and slept in it. Jeeps are great vehicles.
    Lil booger only has about 145K on it ....barely broken in
    "Never apologize for being a Patriot!"

Geez, that's crazy. And the marriage survived! Well done.
    ďIt is well to go all out sometimes.Ē - Elers Koch

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast