Caribou Gear Tarp

Don jr. on avery outdoors podcast

Its equally as disingenuous to deny that perspectives and public lands are going to be viewed differently regarding how the individual person interacts with those lands. People that are casual users of our wildlife and public lands, pay for hunts, swirl in and swirl out then head back to the high rise office in a big city...I don't expect a high level of understanding of the issues surrounding our public lands and wildlife.

Its not constantly in their wheelhouse like it is for the people that live, recreate, and advocate for public lands that live near them.

I have no quarrel with Junior, but he just simply isn't engaged in the process, nor down in the trenches, fighting for our public lands and wildlife, like so many of the local guys are.

I think its great that he enjoys the outdoors, but he is squandering an opportunity to really make a difference if he truly wanted to, IMO. I also worry that he's a bit too comfy with the Utah crowd...that's never a good thing.

Exactly

the problem with liberals is they don't listen to reason... they are idealists..... they have an idea someone placed in their heads and they attempt to defend it....

This is known as confirmation bias, but it's not unique to liberals. Negative politics work because it conditions us to unquestionably trust those we support and doubt the "enemy" others without any independent thought or verification. Anything that causes us to challenge our beliefs causes cognitive dissonance, which causes discomfort. And we're inherently comfort-seeking animals.

This is known as confirmation bias, but it's not unique to liberals. Negative politics work because it conditions us to unquestionably trust those we support and doubt the "enemy" others without any independent thought or verification. Anything that causes us to challenge our beliefs causes cognitive dissonance, which causes discomfort. And we're inherently comfort-seeking animals.

The trick is picking up one's preferred end of the turd and pretending your hands are clean.

the problem with liberals is they don't listen to reason... they are idealists..... they have an idea someone placed in their heads and they attempt to defend it....

To argue that this trait is exclusive to liberals is laughable, as a matter of fact your comment proves it, "everyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot!!!!". This is widely bipartisan issue.

****wow, looks like I beat a dead horse on that one....

Last edited:
Thanks for the fix Fin....better choice of wording...I struggle, my brain is frost bitten....

You won't see me defending "Jr." on the issue, I believe that he is playing politics...and don't really think that he is totally in touch w/ public land issues

Back