Unit 26 Wyoming antelope.

NDMuley

Looking for some info on how to determine what roads are public in this unit. Also wondering if anyone has experience hunting here and what your opinion on it is. I am looking at applying here as a 2nd choice for a buck tag. I am not after a trophy just looking to tag a decent buck for my 1st antelope hunt and 1st hunt outside ND. TIA for any help.

Check with the county for public roads. I believe converse county has a GIS system on their site. From there I’d also identify the roads in question and email the county just to be sure. Never been in the unit so can’t comment on that side of things.

The map Topgun posted looks accurate. I've hunted the unit a few times and would say it certainly isn't a trophy unit. But given a few days you should be able to kill a buck. Expect to see other hunters. PM me if you have questions.

The map Topgun posted looks accurate. I've hunted the unit a few times and would say it certainly isn't a trophy unit. But given a few days you should be able to kill a buck. Expect to see other hunters. PM me if you have questions.

Ditto what Guy Shot said. Lots of oilfield traffic, I got a chip in my windshield both times I hunted it.

Thanks for the info. Topgun where would I find those maps for other county's.

I usually just google the county I'm interested in and add county roads map...... "XYZ County roads map"

However, some county websites are more useful than others.

So i am trying to find a map like the 1 you put up the link for Natrona County and I can't seem to find it or maybe there us not 1 like that.

The 1 for Converse shows the public land also the 1 for made in does not. Or I am missing something.

I don't know if it's just me or is trying to figure out where to hunt antelope in Wyoming is a bit confusing. Sure not like ND where you apply for a tag and if you draw go hunt the public land. Trying to figure out where you can access public land is a chore. Thanks to all that offer assistance. Hopefully I can figure this all out and come out there and have a fun time.

I have the onx app. Just need to get Wyoming. I just having a hard time figuring out what unit to apply for.

That will help. Really anything you can draw as second choice will have access issues. Just a matter of figuring out one that’s got a few options.

Get the Garmin Basecamp program and insert your chip in your computer. You can zoom in and out and look at the area and find out what's public and private.

On OnxMaps how do you tell what roads are public and what 1s are private? Just want to make sure I am looking at the right thing.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back