Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

2017 Idaho Moose

Montanaborn

Finally got my Moose skull back from Predator to Prey Skull cleaning in Payette. And on a side note, 4 hours before I went to pick it up I welcomed my first Great granddaughter into the world.

Attachments

• 2017 Moose.jpg
    2017 Moose.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 344
Montanaborn, who drove you over to Payette and who helped you hang it (twice)? At least this time it wasn't so heavy, right? Glad I was able to be there for you for a change...

Forget the moose. Tell us about that buck on the left! :eek:

I got it in the late '60s before I went in the Air Force. Just skull capped it like we always did back then. Didn't realize Dad had been carrying it around all those years until he passed away in 2010 and we found it and a nice rack of idnative1948's he got back in the day. They were all bleached out and had a lot of fly poop on it. After cleaning it I stained it with some potassium permangenate a few years ago. It was starting to fade so I had a can of english chestnut stain that I tried on an inconspicuous spot. It looked good enough for me. Since it was originally skull capped needless to say that is a reproduction skull the rack is mounted to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back