Yeti GOBOX Collection

NM Drought.

Hey lastlight....lots of water in the Gila. Many stock tanks and waterholes. The waterholes may get low if the summer monsoons don't hit in Juy/Aug.. I would assume no potable water unless you're in a improved campground. Bring a filter or water treatment method. Bulk water availble in Reserve for sure.....hope you drew....results are up

Hey archer60, thanks for the info and I did draw 16a. I want to backpack in and spike camp, just need to find areas with drinking water....

Here in Lincoln county they have put fire restrictions in place......no smoking outside, no welding, no bbq grills, no camp fires, no chain saws unless they have a working spark arrester etc, etc. It is VERY dry and windy every day. With no moisture since last fall conditions are ripe for wildfires . It wont surprise me if they close the forest (Lincoln) this summer. In 2012 we had a wildfire here that burnt over 30,000 acres and burnt down over 250 homes.

There are always stock tanks somewhere and the elk will use them if that's all there is. It could make the elk easier to find come hunting season. The summer monsoons might come on strong this year and scatter the elk if they don't need to stay near the stock tank water sources.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back