6 preference Points - Colorado Turkey Hunt

ChadCab

My buddy and I have been saving our Colorado Turkey preference points for the last couple of years in hopes of getting tags for a quality unit. We now have 6 preference points each and are not sure what unit to put in for. Any suggestions?

Same boat myself with 10 points. Just too easy to bag turkeys in OTC GMU's. Beaver Creek SWA in GMU 59 is a draw hunt and absolutely loaded with Turkeys

Same boat myself with 10 points. Just too easy to bag turkeys in OTC GMU's. Beaver Creek SWA in GMU 59 is a draw hunt and absolutely loaded with Turkeys

While my personal results suggest otherwise on OTC, I concur on Beaver Creek. That is a fun area, loaded with birds, and an easy jaunt from Denver.

You can have two tags in one year with a draw tag and an OTC though!

Curious what you ended up doing with 6, ChadCab?

I also had 6 - and put the RFW I hunted in 2014 as 1st choice just for grins (it took 9 last year and normally I just put the Point code as first choice)......and I drew it. My buddy's wife drew the same tag with 7.

Negative Point Creep, which I never thought I would see :) I have to imagine that the friction created by the new system had something to do with that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back