1 More for 4

Awesome!

I got a Pre-ban AR-15 for my graduation gift in 01 and I thought -I- was lucky! (I was.:))

Good luck on your hunt!

Just seeing this. Good luck to you and your father! Mighty fine achievement for you both. And share some of that drawing success, whatever your secret is!

I'm not sure how I just found this thread. I'm jealous of all of the sheep you and your dad have had the opportunity to hunt. I actually watched the videos of you and your wife's MT sheep hunts. Great stuff and good luck to your dad

I saw a picture of it on Facebook his dad connected on a absolute freaking stud. I hope he shares soon.

We are going with Clay Lancaster...gonna feed him a bunch of beers and get him to take me to get a Stone! ha!

Lets hear about your Stone, who, when, where, recommendations, PICS!

I hunted with Dustin Roe in the Cassiar area last August. Sorry for the late reply I just saw it.

Sounds like your Dad got his Desert? Congrats to him, let's see a pic.

I'm headed to the Baja on March 12th after mine with Dustin again.

Hope my luck is as good as yours! Way to go!

Chomping at the bit for a trip report when you’re home and settled....

Gotta live vicariously through these amazing adventures from the guys getting out there and doing it!

What an awesome trip with Dad...one that will be etched into the memory bank for ever. On the 4th day of the hunt we found the one we were looking for; a 10.5 year old Desert Ram! But before, the pics; I think it is prudent to round out this thread with a little back story on Dad's other rams.

In 1989, my Dad took the plunge and booked his first Sheep Hunt, a Dall hunt in the Wrangell Mountains with Dick Gunlogson. All hunts seem to have interesting twists and strokes of luck along the way and this was no different. On the way to the airport the day he was leaving for Alaska, he grabbed the mail. In the mailbox sat something that we all dream about, a MT Bighorn Tag! In less than a month time span, Dad took a Dall Sheep and a MT Bighorn. Sheep fever had fully set in!

Dad's AK Dall: 1989
AK Dall 89.jpeg
AK Dall.jpeg

Dad's MT Big Horn: 1989
MT Big Horn 89.jpeg

Four years later, in 1993 Dad got to scratch the itch again and went north to British Columbia to hunt Stone Sheep. This was my first adventure hunt and the trip that drove home a love for big, wild places and mountain hunting. Stan Lancaster who had Kawdy Outfitters was the outfitter/guide. Dad also took a goat on this hunt and the fishing was awesome...great memories for sure.

Dad's Stone Sheep: 1993

BC Stone 93.jpeg
BC Stone.jpeg

In 1995, Dad went to hunt white sheep again. For those of you have done it, you know how awesome these hunts are. For those of you who dream about it...just do it! Dall sheep hunting is just plain awesome! This hunt was in the Northwest Territories with Gana River Outfitters. Over 16" bases on this big boy!

Dad's NWT Dall, 1995:

NWT Dall 95.jpeg
NWT Dall1.jpeg

After a 17 year hiatus from Sheep Hunting, Dad was going back north to hunt sheep, this time under unique circumstances. At the Sheep Show in 2012, Dad was one of the lucky ones and won a Fannin Sheep Hunt with Midnight Sun Outfitters in the Yukon. At 68 years old, Dad spent 10 days in the Yukon back country hunting Sheep. This hunt was full of adventure; from watching a plane crash and pulling out the pilot who survived, getting a 3 foot snow storm, to harvesting a Ram and Mtn Caribou.

Dad's Fannin Ram 2012:

Yukon Fanin 12.jpeg

2018, 29 years after his first sheep hunt, Dad completed his Grand Slam! I feel so fortunate to have been able to join him on this adventure....another one for the memory books! Clay Lancaster is a top notch guy and outfitter and was the one who put this hunt together and guided us. Its the first time that either of us have been to Mexico, the trip was full of adventure, new landscapes, big rams and new friends. On the 4th day of the hunt, we found the ram we had been looking for and with a perfect 262 yd shot, dad had got his Desert Ram and completed his slam.

Dad's Desert Ram, 2018:

Desert Ram.jpg
Desert Ram 1.jpg

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back